Vehicle smog CA to another state, smog legal?

Basically the car is in CA, really hard to pass smog, the car is a 20 year old mustang that is street/strip so if needed it would pass street legal inspections but when it comes to smogging it i don't have ALL the parts needed to pass it now that i want it for use on the street, but im moving to a different... show more Basically the car is in CA, really hard to pass smog, the car is a 20 year old mustang that is street/strip so if needed it would pass street legal inspections but when it comes to smogging it i don't have ALL the parts needed to pass it now that i want it for use on the street, but im moving to a different state no address yet, no location, just wanted to know if i move to another state say one that has no smog law at all....can i register this CA vehicle with that new state without smogging it? Get new plates and all, for selling purposes as well, can't sell it in CA as it sits. Thank you.

Just want the car as it sits now, but completely street legal....
Update: Exactly, so if i move to a no smog test state, i can register my CA car in that state by going to the DMV and what not and doing paperwork?
3 answers 3