What is a good pricing model for a startup Photography business?

I need to set up prices for the Photography business I'm starting. I need to know what's the best way to do it.

I know some people charge for the shoot and then include a disk for all the high resolution pictures bundled in the price of the shoot.

Others charge for the shoot and then charge for prints, disks, and other little things like photo books.

What's the best way to do this for a start-up, without a studio. I don't want to price too high, but I don't want to undersell myself either. I am skilled and I have some experience, but I'm still building my portfolio.

suggestions?

Fiddler, that's a terrible answer. Me not being familiar with the intricacies of the photography business practices does not make me a bad photographer nor does it mean that I don't know what I'm doing. I know how people price their jobs. I know what equipment to use. I know that I'm good, easily good enough to hire. I've done shoots and I've assisted shoots.

Me wondering what is the most profitable and productive way of modeling my prices discounts none of that. I am trying to find how to balance getting a lot of jobs and making lots on each job.

Please only answer my question if you want to offer an intelligent meaningful answer to someone who is also intelligent.

I know what I'm doing, I just don't happen to know the most effective pricing scheme for a startup photography business.

• Phi
    Favorite Answer

It depends on your market and the type of photography. There isn't an exact model for everyone. Here is a good example http://johnharrington.com/dc-photographer/pricing/... .

Find other photographers like you in your market and ask what they are charging.

• flott

You are opening a trade and do not even recognise what to cost?? That is a primary aspect of your marketing strategy and you probably have now not figured that out then you haven't any hazard of succeeding. Asking on right here, a international web site, is slightly needless as charges range in locations of a town permit by myself by means of nation. Do a few study round current pictures corporations after which in a few years when you've got extra concept suppose approximately it once more.

You aren't ready for this.