How many black supporters of Obama have heard of Thomas Sowell and Dr. Walter Williams?

These two gentlemen are super-intelligent conservative blacks who write weekly columns (you can read them at Townhall.com) or, if you're lucky, in your local paper. Thomas Sowell is an economist and author of many best selling books. Walter Williams is an economics professor at George Mason University, an... show more These two gentlemen are super-intelligent conservative blacks who write weekly columns (you can read them at Townhall.com) or, if you're lucky, in your local paper. Thomas Sowell is an economist and author of many best selling books. Walter Williams is an economics professor at George Mason University, an entertaining radio personality and he too is the author of several well respected books on economics.

Why am I asking? Because the mainstream media ignores opposing views to President Obama's agenda, lumping all opposition into vague groups such as "angry racist mobs financed by special interest groups". Sowell and Williams are smart, prominent blacks who disagree vehemently with Obama yet the mainstream media pays them no attention. I find it particularly frustrating because these men are economists with so much knowledge to offer and the mainstream media is doing a disservice to the public by not allowing their well-reasoned points of view to be heard. The coverage of this administration is one-sided and favorable to Obama.

To all of the conservative-haters on Y/A, Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams are what you would call INTELLECTUALLY HONEST. They make their cases by backing them up with facts as opposed to blaming George Bush, Dick Cheney, Halliburton, Neo-Cons, blah, blah, blah....

That they are black is irrelevant but I brought it up because several of my liberal black friends have never heard of Sowell and Williams and I wanted to see how many black Obama supporters on Y/A are similarly deprived of knowing these two brilliant minds.

Heck, you might decide to give them a read yourselves!
Update: Ed J proves my point. He has nothing substantive to offer so he attacks. How do you know they didn't criticize George Bush? An INTELLECTUALLY HONEST person criticizes what they do not agree with. Many conservative pundits criticized George Bush for his runaway spending among other things. Don't blame them... show more Ed J proves my point. He has nothing substantive to offer so he attacks. How do you know they didn't criticize George Bush? An INTELLECTUALLY HONEST person criticizes what they do not agree with. Many conservative pundits criticized George Bush for his runaway spending among other things. Don't blame them if George Bush wasn't listening.

Check mate, my friend.