Can I use all purpose flour for pizza dough and cakes when the recipe calls for bread and cake flour?

I've used all purpose flour for both pizza dough and cakes when the recipes called for specific types of flour which I did not have on hand. As far as I know the cake came out good and the pizza dough came out ok. What are the consequences of using all-purpose flour when the recipe calls for a specific type... show more I've used all purpose flour for both pizza dough and cakes when the recipes called for specific types of flour which I did not have on hand. As far as I know the cake came out good and the pizza dough came out ok.

What are the consequences of using all-purpose flour when the recipe calls for a specific type of flour and what advantages will I obtain by using a specific type of flour for a specific recipe?