Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Why did a goat eat the "unchanged Quran" & why didn't Allah stop the goat?

There is a claim by Muslims that the Quran remains unchanged, further that there is some great proof that the Bible has been changed.

However, we learn from Sahih hadiths that verses went missing, & even an incident that some verses were eaten by a goat!

Sunan Ibn Majah, Book of Nikah, Hadith # 1934)

Narrated Aisha 'The verse of stoning and of suckling an adult ten times were revealed, and they were (written) on a paper and kept

under my bed. When the Messenger of Allah (SAWW.) expired and we were preoccupied with his death, a goat entered and ate away the paper."

Forget gradual changes due to translations & editions, why didn't Almighty Allah even stop an animal like the goat from entering, taking verses from under Aisha's bed & gobbling up what are supposedly His words of instruction to mankind?

Answers,please! 10 points to first answerer, even if its only insults!

@Eccentric: Sorry, I'm not in the Pakistani Army, I have nothing to do with Pakistan!

My Uncle is in the Iranian army though! Also my maternal grandfather was in the Iranian Army & my maternal grandmother was an Army Doctor in the Shah's time!

Rest of your questions aren't really questions, so I won't answer!

Favorite Answer

Okay I will be honest but give me 10 points. ((I am Muslim)).

[[About Bible]] Moslems believe in the Bible as a word of God , but in the same time we believe that the bible in our hands is the not completely the word of God , some verse are still bear the evidence that they are the word of God while most bear the evidence that they are either displaced or interpolated or changed –some were completely omitted ., How? See below:

Here a list of ("Some") the contradictions and scientific errors in the Bible:

1-War or Peace?

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

-------------------------

2- God good to all, or just a few?

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

--------------------------

Who is the father of Joseph?

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

----------------------------

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

-------------------------------

Human vs. ghostly impregnation

ACT 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

MAT 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

-------------------------

The sins of the father

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

---------------------------

If you need more then you can conatct me via : Christ_muslim@yahoo.com

______________________________________________________

[[About Quran]].

Muslims have something that offers the clearest proof of all - The Holy Quran. There is no other book like it anywhere on earth. It is absolutely perfect in the Arabic language. It has no mistakes in grammar, meanings or context. The scientific evidences are well known around the entire world, even amongst non-Muslim scholars. Predictions in the Quran have come true; and its teachings are clearly for all people, all places and all times.

Surprisingly enough, the Quran itself provides us with the test of authenticity and offers challenges against itself to prove its veracity. Allah tells us in the Quran:

Haven't the unbelievers considered if this was from other than Allah, they would find within it many contradictions?

[Noble Quran 4:82]

Another amazing challenge from Allah's Book:

If you are in doubt about it, bring a chapter like it.

[Noble Quran 2:23]

And Allah challenges us with:

Bring ten chapters like it.

[Noble Quran 11:13]

And finally:

Bring one chapter like it.

[Noble Quran 10:38]

No one has been able to produce a book like it, nor ten chapters like it, nor even one chapter like it. It was memorized by thousands of people during the lifetime of Muhammad (peace be upon him) and then this memorization was passed down from teacher to student for generation after generation, from mouth to ear and from one nation to another. Today every single Muslim has memorized some part of the Quran in the original Arabic language that it was revealed in over 1,400 years ago, even though most of them are not Arabs. There are over nine million (9,000,000) Muslims living on the earth today who have totally memorized the entire Quran, word for word, and can recite the entire Quran, in Arabic just as Muhammad (peace be upon him) did 14 centuries ago.

The Quran is the best of proofs for the existence of Allah and today over one and half billion people memorize and recite from the exact text, in the exact same language it was revealed in; Arabic. More than 10 million Muslims have completely memorized the entire Quran from cover to cover, and can recite it from memory without looking at it.

• 6 years agoReport

ur comment is great.

Only the (spoken)words of Quran are holy, not the book. So what if a goat ate it, lotsa of people have already memorized the Quran at that time, and the Quran hasn't even been compiled into a book at the time. Besides that, the words of Quran are written on bones, paper, rocks, anything they could find.

I'm not even sure your hadith is real.

Easy answer.

No such hadith exists in Sahih Bukhari. This quotation was fabricated and a forged copy of Sahih Bukhari was published by the infidels. I don't wish to go deep in details and references. My father retains the entire Sahih Bukhari in copy and heart. Labelling any book Sahih Bukhari or The Holy Quran doesn't make it one. I have posted this answer not for the sake of answering the question, but to educate my brothers and sisters that its a lie and to advise deep study of the authentic books.

Submitted for perusal of all who are not deaf and blind.

thanks for asking about my religion

about your question:Allah says in the Koran:

2.106] Whatever communications We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than it or like it. Do you not know that Allah has power over all things?

[2.107] Do you not know that Allah's is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth, and that besides Allah you have no guardian or helper?

so the verses you are talking about were caused to be forgotten cause they were for certain situation ,and the Koran is for all mankind forever so there can not be even one verse that is not suitable.

and this verse is not the only verse that Allah made the prophet to forget there were certain verses that were revealed to the prophet in certain situation and when the situation is over the prophet could not remember them.

hope this will help

• jayo

No one in their right mind would believe in those specific "hadiths" even if they really are in hadith books. Not all hadiths are genuine - not especially if they contradict the Qur'an. Those contradict the glorious Qur'an, astaghferullah, thus it is obvious they are fabrications. No one is going to put what was collected and written by men over what came from Allah subhana wa ta'ala anyhow, insha'allah.

Source(s): Qur'an and Allah swt's words within..

zaid is correct. there were many hafiz around at the time so if the goat ate a few verses they were the best of any meal he could have eaten.so i feel secure knowing that the quran is complete and fully detailed. if there were any changes i think a hafiz would have caught them. so i wouldnt be so quick to put my confidence in the opinions of the so-called sahihuwn. allah knows best.

the goat ate elda's head so u can see her without head spreading fitna

and abusing muslims for her murtids belief

Stop spreading hate, I saw you post that link in the other question. If you want to learn more, read the quran. Hopefully your heart changes.

ok maybe its just allahs will.. maybe allah decided not to have it in the quran anymore.

i don't know actually.. but then again i don't know whether to believe it or not... mmmhhhhmmmm

i guess we'll never know

dont believe the rubbish which is said in bukhari...this "sahih" book is only a means of degrading islam.

they werent even that preoccupied with the prophet's (saw) death....most of them were just after the power/succession (abu bakr, umar etc)....

@girl below: what the hell are you talking about?? are you saying Allah (swt) makes mistakes, so He (swt) changes his mind at random times. astaghfirullah, think before you speak.

@zaid: so u are saying that we can even put the book next to rubbish and it wouldnt matter?

Source(s): shia 4 life

u have posted many questions, just to insult Islam and not to acquire some knowledge. i think u r tom hank, whose hobby is to insult islam with posting some nonsense question.

ow come to the answer and its almost same answer which i posted in ur previous qs.

The Jews, hundreds of years after Moses's death created Mishnah (hadith, sayings) and Gemarrah (sunna, Actions) and uphold them and the invented laws in them rather than the TORAH (revealed word of God). In the city of Nicene 300 years after the death of Jesus, the concept of Trinity was CREATED, and is now the primary source of a Christian's belief in defiance of the Bible which advocates the absolute worship of God Alone.

The Muslims 150- 200 years after the death of Muhammad CREATED another source of their religion with the Quran, "Hadith and Sunnah", falsely attributed to the prophet Muhammad, and in defiance of the Quran. Today most Muslims have discarded the Quran in favor of Hadith and Sunnah.

hadith books were compiled roughly 200 yrs after death of Prophet Muhammad,what was the criteria to determine if the relatives of dead people were telling the truth,how did bukhary,muslim determined that the chain most of them dead were absolutely truthful ! he was just relying on the testimony of the living at that time, how was he absolutely 100 % sure they were telling truth !

Despite the great care and precision of the Hadith scholars, much of what they regarded as true was later proved to be spurious. In his commentary on the collection of Muslim, al Nawai [Yahya Abu Zakariyya al-Nawawi] wrote: “A number of scholars discovered many hadiths in the collections of Muslim and Bukhari which do not fulfill the conditions of verification assumed by these men.”

The collectors attached the greater weight to the trustworthiness of the narrators. Their criterion was certainly valuable, but it was not sufficient. In our opinion, the criterion

for the Hadith criticism, as well as standard for materials concerning the Prophet’s life, is the one which the Prophet himself gave. He said: “After I am gone differences will arise among you. Compare whatever is reported to be mine with the Book of God; that which agrees therewith

you may accept as having come from me ; that which disagrees you will reject as a fabrication.” This valid standard is observed by the great men of Islam right from the very beginning. It continues to be the standard of thinkers today.

Ibn Khaldun wrote: “I do not believe any hadith or report of a companion of the Prophet to be true which differs from the common sense meaning of the Qur’an, no matter how trustworthy the narrators may have been.

It is not impossible that a narrator appears to be trustworthy though he may be moved by ulterior motive. If the hadiths were criticized for their textual contents as they were for the narrators who transmitted them a great number would have had to be rejected.

It is a recognized principle that a hadith could be declared spurious if it departs from the common sense meaning of the Qur’an from the recognized principles of the Shari’ah, the rules of logic, the evidence of sense, or any other self-evident truth.” This criterion, as given by the Prophet as well as ibn Khaldun, perfectly accords with modern scientific criticism.

at the end i would draw ur attension, and that is if u read the answer of mr "no Gd but allah"" i am reproducing his answer again for ur kind knowledge. pls read it carefully that if goat had eaten those extra 10 books, why didnt those people of that era reproduced t from their memory? it was quite easy to reproduce those eated papers again from their memory?

pls read it carefully, i think u r from pak army as usually they got empty heads .

""It was memorized by thousands of people during the lifetime of Muhammad (peace be upon him) and then this memorization was passed down from teacher to student for generation after generation, from mouth to ear and from one nation to another. Today every single Muslim has memorized some part of the Quran in the original Arabic language that it was revealed in over 1,400 years ago, even though most of them are not Arabs. There are over nine million (9,000,000) Muslims living on the earth today who have totally memorized the entire Quran, word for word, and can recite the entire Quran, in Arabic just as Muhammad (peace be upon him) did 14 centuries ago.""

hey i forget one thing, few years back one of pak army general who was also minsiter education claimed that Quran got 40 books.so i think u better ask him where those extra books are hidden.

pls do answer some of my questions.