How "at risk" is my new bike?

I was recently given a new, relatively expensive (~$900), mountain bike and would like to ride it to and from campus every day. I have a good U-lock with an auxiliary cable for locking the front tire. It will only be locked, properly, outside the building where I have classes from about 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM... show more I was recently given a new, relatively expensive (~$900), mountain bike and would like to ride it to and from campus every day.

I have a good U-lock with an auxiliary cable for locking the front tire. It will only be locked, properly, outside the building where I have classes from about 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (this is a relatively high traffic area). Outside of those times it is locked inside my apartment.

The bike is registered with campus and the local P.D. and has my name etched on most of the components.

1) Is there anything else (besides not riding it) that I can do to keep the bike and/or components from being stolen?

2) With just the things I have now how safe should it be?

I am on the University of Colorado at Boulder campus.

Thank you in advance.
Update: Edit- the bike is a Specialized Rockhopper expert with 29" wheels
Update 2: Edit 2 - thanks for the responses so far. I put epoxy in the allen wrench sockets for the removable parts to make them not so removable.
Update 3: Edit 3 - by properly locked I mean that the bike (Frame and wheels) are all locked together and to a pole. Also, this is an "M-key" lock, not a cylinder key lock (cylinders were phased out several years ago (2004ish) when the pen thing was discovered. Furthermore, I just got one of those Fahgettahboutit... show more Edit 3 - by properly locked I mean that the bike (Frame and wheels) are all locked together and to a pole. Also, this is an "M-key" lock, not a cylinder key lock (cylinders were phased out several years ago (2004ish) when the pen thing was discovered. Furthermore, I just got one of those Fahgettahboutit locks from kryptonite in addition to my original U-lock.