Amani
Lv 4
Amani asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Ramadan: Taraweeh question?

Does any one know how to get a chanel that plays Taraweeh live from Mecha please? I mean on the internet. I would love to watch it and pray accordingly, I love the Sudaissi's voice when he recites the Quran.

Please let me know

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

**IMPORTANT**

Your jama^ah is NOT valid if you are not considered with the imam. (even if you watch or listen to the television or radio live).

To be considered with the imam:

there are 3 cases.

Case 1) both the imam and the follower are in a mosque (a mosque means it is waqf):

if both are in the same mosque, then regardless of the distance between them, they are considered together.

Case 2) both the imam and the follower are outside of a mosque:

if both are outside of a mosque, then the distance between them has to be 300 cubits or less. if distance is more than that, it is not valid for the follower to follow the imam.

(note: we are not talking about if there are rows. if there are rows, one behind the other, and if the follower is in a row, he/she can be even 1000 cubits away from the imam. BUT if there are rows but the follower is not in the rows (he/she is a distance behind the rows). then the distance between the follower and the ROWS has to be 300 cubits or less.)

Case 3) one of them is inside a mosque and the other is outside a mosque:

if one is in a mosque and the other is out of the mosque, then the distance between the mosque itself and the one outside the mosque has to be 300 cubits or less.

So if you live in the U.S. for example, and you turn on the television to follow the imam in Mecca, your jama^ah is NOT valid!

There are also other reasons which would make your jama^ah invalid.

If you want to learn more about this, go and listen to this very knowledgeable shaykh (Shaykh Samir Al-Qadi).

go to:

http://talkaboutislam.com/audio/index.php?action=c...

and click on the lesson called "condions of followers of Imam in prayer."

MashaAllah it is AMAZING how much you can learn from just one of his lessons!!!!!

:)

Source(s): go to: http://talkaboutislam.com/audio/index.php?action=c... and click on the lesson called "condions of followers of Imam in prayer."
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you go on the haramain recordings website (link below), the live Salaat link is on the right hand side.

Or the direct link is the second website below.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.