To what extent is the medical community distrusted by the YA community?

I see many opinions about vaccines, mainly revolving around distrust and the belief that vaccines themselves harm people. What I'm wondering is, because the dangers of vaccination are wholly unproven, are there any other medicines or treatments that would be disallowed by those that are anti-vaccination?... show more I see many opinions about vaccines, mainly revolving around distrust and the belief that vaccines themselves harm people.

What I'm wondering is, because the dangers of vaccination are wholly unproven, are there any other medicines or treatments that would be disallowed by those that are anti-vaccination? Cancer treatments etc...?

Also, have any of you been coerced in your beliefs by your YA contacts or the YA community at large?
Update: Thank you for the respectful answers.
Update 2: Oh, and thanks for starring so I can get as many opinions as possible.