Sammy
Sammy asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 decade ago

Could anyone recommend a cordless drill with built in spirit level, please?

It is for a casual DIYer, so do not wish to spend more than £60

Favorite Answer

At 60 quid you get what you pay for. At that price there is not much of a difference and the spirit level thing is just a gimmick as has already been pointed out. I would look about and see whats the best deal you can get in terms of power rating and battery type. Roybi, black n decker, JCB, there all pretty much the same. Erbauer which has been mentioned is crap and i suggest you stay away from it as spares are non existent for almost all there power tools and screwfix fail to mention this. Go have a look at Wickes own range of power tools, there as good as anything in your price range. If the spirit level is important to you then have a look at the link, its 80 quid but its a decent drill at 18v and comes with drill bits and will last you a good few years.

http://www.needatools.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...

Source(s): Power tool junkie multi trade

Drill Spirit Level

For heavy use, I'd go for either a Makita or a Milwaukee, mainly because of their durability and performance. For occasional use, I'd recommend a Porter-Cable or a Rigid. The newer DeWalts fit somewhere in the middle.

• Jim W

Ryobi, I got mine in a kit with a small saw. The only problem I find is the saw is left handed. 14.4 volts, about $100 USD 6-7 years ago

Source(s): GIGO

i am in the building trade and i have had my Erbauer 12V drill/driver, with spirit level, for two years (used almost every day) and its still going strong. the batteries only take one hour to charge, that's a big advantage in the game. and at £59.97 its just inside your budget

follow the link to screwfix, you may get a discount if its the first time you have shopped at screwfix,

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/35261/Power-Tools/Co...

please dont bother as they are totally useless

ive been a trademan all my life and hand on heart its a cheap gimmick that will not last. However ... if youre looking for a half decent drill on a budget i would agree with ryobi as they are about the cheapest cordless that a pro is happy to use...........good luck

Source(s): torbaymaintenanceman.co.uk

I have got a "power extreme" drill, its very powerful and has a spirit level. Though it did cost me £80 from homebase

I like my Ryobi and it was reasonably priced.

• John

Design it, patent it then make millions form your sales of that item!

I didn't even know they made them.