Isn't it hypocritical that Glenn Beck lost advertisers for calling Obama racist?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/25/gl...

Beck recently lost advertisers because he called President Obama a racist.Isn't that hypocritical considering that:

1) Most of the advertisers that discontinued advertising were supporters of Obama?

2) Many Obama supporters called McCain supporters racist during the election with less evidence than Beck had?

Update:

say 'no' to stop signs: Evidence that Wal-Mart is liberal would be that they recently announced support for Obama's universal healthcare program.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Thats what i thought!

I dont see how his comments were racist anyway. Blacks always say a white man is racist, so are blacks not allowed by nature to be racist?

• 4 years ago

I think a lot of sane Americans don't think this is OK but totally disrespectful. Beck has never called the 43 other white presidents racist. That's why Beck took an unexpected week vacation and lost a lot of sponsors. Beck is playing to base by saying our president hate white people. The base like this kind of stuff i.e. calling the president a muslim, Nazi, Hitler, an African Witch Doctor etc. etc. They have no respect for Obama let alone the Oval Office. All they see is black. President Obama is biracial. He's half white and have white relatives who he loves. It doesn't make sense to me but some people will fall for anything because they just don't want a black man for president. +++

• 1 decade ago

The Color of Change that started this was founded by Van Jones (Obama czar) Jone's used Glenn Beck's statement about Obama as a smoke screen to attack Beck after he was exposed on his program.Beck has not lost anything his ratings are still going up.He has been number in his time slot for a long while now.Obama,Wright,Sharpton,Jackson they are all racist.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, it's not hypocritical.

1) What does this matter? Those businesses were supporting Glenn Beck, too, until he started throwing around unfounded accusations about the president.

2) Those companies don't have any endorsement or advertising deals with those Obama supporters, either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I wouldn't say its hypocritical.

1) If they were Obama supporters and he called Obama a racist, I would say its expected (whether right or wrong).

2) I think many Obama supporters (I was a Ron Paul primary voter myself), heard the same things I heard from the McCain supporters around them, which was blatant racism. Now I'm not around a lot of African-Americans, maybe many of them were being racist toward McCain as well.

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

1. When did walmart become Liberal? Fox's own leader-Murdock--put beck on leave. Is ruprt murdock now a liberal too?

2. McCain wasn't a racist; his supporters were often racist.

• poop
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

"Most of the advertisers that discontinued advertising were supporters of Obama?"

Evidence?

"Many Obama supporters called McCain supporters racist during the election with less evidence than Beck had?"

Not political pundits in the public eye.

• 1 decade ago

I do know that during Obama's campaign run, he had several news agencies (Like FOX) that were critical of him removed from his plane to make room for (BET) Black Entertainment Television and (JET) Magazine, sounds black racist to me!

• Yaya
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The only hypocrite here is Beck and his Mickey Rooney complex.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Hypocrisy" happens when one person states a belief and acts inconsistently with that belief.

"Hypocrisy" does not refer to people who stated a belief who happen to know people who know people who acted inconsistently with that belief.

You're trying to stretch the concept of hypocrisy way too far.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.