Bridey
Bridey asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Where can I buy cat litter products in bulk?

We have 6 cats, so obviously the litter pan liners and cat litter adds up. I'm not so much worried about cost as I am about quantity. It's a total pain buying the stuff each week at Walmart. I'd love to be able to buy them by the case!! The only thing I've found are the BioBags, which are too small for our litter pans, and we have one Maine Coon, so downsizing the boxes isn't an option. Anyone have any info?

• Bob N
    Favorite Answer

We have a few more cats than you do :-)

The best buy we have found is at Sam's Clubs.

We buy 40 pounds of LitterClean in a reclosable plastic bucket for just under $12.

That will completely fill two litter boxes that are 2' x 3'

I like the reclosable bucket, we use it to store used litter. When it is full, we set it out with the trash.

LitterClean is a clumping litter and it works just fine for us.

If you find some place where you can buy litter in large quantities than 40 pounds, please email me.

As for buying it every week - unless we buy two buckets at a time, we need to get another one each week. That's just one of the "costs" of having more than one or two cats :-)

How many pounds are in the BioBags?

Are you using a non clumping litter? I ask because most people using clumping litters don't use box liners - we don't.

Bulk Cat Litter

The first thing you need to do is convert over to the clumping formula. Then you can scoop it out every day or so and quit throwing away the cat litter. You won't need litter pan liners, even the urine will clump up, so you won't have the wet mess at the bottom, and your cats will love you. Costco has great deals on large containers of clumping litter. Petsmart also has it, plus there you can buy a sturdy metal scoop. You can save the old plastic containers to put the waste in and just take it out when it's full, or else you can put the waste into plastic grocery bags and take it out like that. I have two big cats, and their litter box is a large plastic container that was sold as an under the bed storage unit. It's about three feet long and a foot and a half wide, giving them lots of room to move around. It's deeper than most litter boxes so there is less mess around it. With the scooping litter there is less smell and less work over all. Hope this helps!

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axBkY

Wow Dude, you've put some thought into that question! What you are buying from commercial sources is a "clean" product. Clean doesn't mean that it cannot make kitty or you sick. Wild cats dig holes in the yard, mulch, sand, garden soil, etc. The silica product is similar to the dessication packs found in electronics, however I'm sure there are additional processes to remove harmful chemicals. Remember that there is a warning on those packages that say not to ingest. If clean sand is readily available from a local beach and you are willing to sift through it to remove any critters that might live in it, I say go for it. It is worth it for me to do without something and buy litter in bulk. Bulk litter purchased from warehouses (Costco, Sams, or pet warehouse stores) is usually cheaper over time than the smaller packs of litter sold in stores. I feel your pain guy. Money is tight and I love my animals so I try to be creative with solutions. Do not declaw any animal. It is like cutting your fingers off at the first knuckle. That's just cruel. Good luck.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

We have 6 cats, so obviously the litter pan liners and cat litter adds up. I'm not so much worried about cost as I am about quantity. It's a total pain buying the stuff each week at Walmart. I'd love to be able to buy them by the case!! The only thing I've found are the BioBags,...

Source(s): buy cat litter products bulk: https://tr.im/0nRYy

I have the same situation. I buy during sales, and rarely get a tub less than 37 pounds. Some places have Tidy Cat in 40 pound boxes.

I have had up to 400 pounds of kitty litter in my garage at one time. However, I don't know of any places that have larger sizes than the 40 pound box.

I use scooping litter for my cats, which lessens the need for a complete change. And as a plus, my cats do not demand a totally pristine litter box. Obviously, I scoop regularly, but often they concentrate on several litter boxes at a time, rather than using all at random.

Yikes. Is there a reason you don't like the clumping litter?!?!? It would revolutionize your life! I only have 2 cats, but I use the green 28 lb box from Walmart - I think it's Special Kitty. One box of this lasts me for months! It's about $6.50. If you were to buy 2 boxes I'd think you wouldn't need to go more than once every 2 months, if that. It also clumps well, so there's no odor at all.

• Ruth

Please, please do not use the silica. If your cat eats it, it could kill him. Until you can afford litter, try using ripped up/shredded newspaper. (Veterinarians recommend using that if you get a cat de-clawed.) You will most likely have to change it more often,but it would be way safer. Best of luck with your financial problems. P.S. I don't know where you live but you could check with local shelters, to see if they can help, until you get on your feet. ********** (To the response after mine: I'm not saying de-claw your cat, I don't believe in that either. What I'm saying is Veterinarians think it's safe enough after surgery, so it should be a safe alternative.)********

2

Source(s): Great Deals Suppliers http://WholesaleSuppliers.netint.info/?1du1
  • Becky

1

Source(s): Woodworking Course http://WoodworkingProjects.enle.info/?7p29