PLEASE ANSWER! Should I refinance or take a home equity loan?

My husband I are looking to borrow about $35 thousand dollars out of the equity of our home to help finance our son's college and to do some small renovations. We bought our house ten years ago for $170 thousand. It was recently appraised at $320 thousand and we have payed our mortgage down to $130 thousand. We... show more My husband I are looking to borrow about $35 thousand dollars out of the equity of our home to help finance our son's college and to do some small renovations. We bought our house ten years ago for $170 thousand. It was recently appraised at $320 thousand and we have payed our mortgage down to $130 thousand. We are wondering if it makes more sense to refinance and pull $35 thousand out or if it makes more sense to take out a home equity loan. We are looking for the option that raise our monthly mortgage payment (or loan payment) the least.