Emotional vs Sexual Cheating - Which is more devastating?

I'm wondering which is worse? In your opinions. As for myself? I believe that if your partner is spending their time somewhere else or online discussing their feelings towards the opposite sex, you would become suspicious of their activities, especially if they're sharing their feelings towards someone else where you as their partner is suppose to be the companion in the relationship. This is more with me wanting to know your personal opinions on this topic.

If you're unsure with what's the difference between the two, you can read an article about it here: http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Emotional_vs_Se...

Best Answer

For me, 'emotional' cheating is worse. I'd rather my boyfriend had slept with someone whilst drunk on a night out which he would probably regret anyway regardless of whether he was in a relationship.

I was suspicious of my boyfriend as we had met on the internet, he seemed too good to be true and also was also getting texts from different girls all the time (turning his phone away so I couldn't see texts etc). I had told him I'd been cheated on before and he promised he wouldn't. Then one night while he went to a friends he gave me his email password to check something and being paranoid I tried it in a few other accounts and also found some dodgy emails. It turned out he was still on the same site talking to girls *while I was in the shower!!* etc.

I was devestated and whilst we stayed together I'm finding it really hard to trust him again. I keep getting the 'aren't I enough' 'I musn't be pretty enough'. I'm also obsessive about his email and facebook accounts but... I'm getting better at not caring. I think the fact that he sought out women WITHOUT the physical side is worse because then it's not hormones getting the better of him, it's something going on in his mind.

Although, to be honest, neither form of cheating is acceptable and which form is more devestating is probably down to the individual. Either hurts, and are hard to recover from but I'm of the opinion that if somethings worth saving, you have to take a leap of faith/work hard at it, although, if I'm proven wrong I'll just have to put it down to 'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!'. At least I won't look back and wish I'd given things a second chance!

Both. Being in a relationship is both emotional and sexual/physical. If you are cheating with someone sexually, there has to be emotions involved. Vice Versa. I believe cheating is cheating. If you cant talk to your partner/spouse then you shouldn't be together.

Emotional Feelings

Yes I think you should be able to tell your partner your true feelings if you love and trust them.And them to respect the fact you have these kind of feelings..Dont matter what the feelings are about they should Respect the fact you have open up to them,When your partner opens up to you from the heart its true trust....But if you play with those feelings of theirs,and use them agaisnt them...They may never trust you again.with them..and not ever open up again to you .

And that may lead them to look for someone who they can open up to without the worry of trust. And someone who listens.

Cheating on your Partner ? Very Devastating ..Wrong ..Wrong thing to do..If your not happy with your partner than let them know why...and end it with them before you start something new.

In my mind emotional. My husband wouldn't have a sexual relationship with anyone else. but he NEVER talks to me about whats going on anymore. He plays this game online and talks to all those guys and girls about everything. and when i try to talk to him about it he says im being stupid and annoying. And if he is "in game" im not supposed to even talk to him. i know this isn't exactly emotional cheating, but it sure hurts.

personally, if someone were cheating on me sexually, i would assume there was emotion involved, just because, i mean, why wouldn't there be? i'd just doubt even further into it, and tell myself the worst has happened, and that feelings WERE involved.

but if someone cheated on me emotionally, i would be upset. but if they're having feelings for other people, rather than me, i'd let it go, because you can't help your feelings. maybe it's not meant to work out.

BOTH + CCHEATING is to break trust.

Trust is all you got to glue it back but if true love be true, for you.

Good luck.

Forgiveness and love love love, will fix anything thats boke.

Sorry i never read you rant, just know, that is all.

I would rather my husband had a one night stand then have an affair