what?
what? asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

How much do roses cost?

I want to surprise my girlfriend by having some nice flowers delivered to her house.

For some reason, the big online flower guys seem to just toss the flowers in a box, and fed-ex them. I don't know about you, but my idea of romance does not include a 300 lbs delivery man and packing peanuts. lol

I want to call a local florist, and have them hand deliver them. I'm thinking 2 dozen assorted-color long-stem roses in a clear glass vase would be a nice gesture.

What should I expect to pay for this? Ideally, I'd just go to the flower shops myself, but unfortunately her school is a few hundred miles away from mine, so that does not seem realistic.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

The expensive part is delivery. You can get a dozen flowers for $15-25, but by the time they've added $20 for delivery and $15 for the vase you are up to about $60 minimum. Two dozen would easily run you $120. Two dozen is also far too many.

You will do much better off to call a local florist in the area. They might deliver for not too terribly much (like $10 or so).

I think it would be great to ask a friend of hers or her parents if they would go by and pick up the roses from the store. That would make it much more affordable. It would be more like $40 rather than over $100.

You can get roses from http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?index=grocery&tag=...

The price will depends on what kind of style you want, color rose and how much roses. For something beautiful, expect to pay at least $20. You can always mail the roses to your house through Amazon first then hand deliver to your love one.

You can also buy it locally and pay for delivery but that can cost more money so its all about how much you are willing to spend.

• Alex

I can't remember the exact price, but I think I've seen a sign selling a dozen roses for either $8 or $13. No more than that, though. Hope your girlfriend likes them.

It's hard to estimate since each florist will charge a different price plus the cost of delivery.