Would it be right if I flew Russian, Korean or Vietnamese flag outside my door or displayed it on my truck?

If not then why do people still fly the confederate Flag in the Country where the Confederacy was the defeated Army on the wrong side of history.

Favorite Answer

I agree with you,unfortunately there are too many people around who want to wear that flag of treason and slavery. As far as flying the flags you mentioned, they belong to sovereign nations, and you have a right to fly the, However some intolerant dumb asses might give you a hard time.

Well, if it was the current Russian flag, and you are of Russian descent, I'd say it was okay, as long as you also fly an American flag. Ditto if you're Korean and fly a South Korean flag. If you're Vietnamese... maybe the flag of the former Republic of Vietnam (a.k.a. South Vietnam).

There are plenty of houses around here that fly both a Stars & Stripes and the flag of their ancestral homeland. I have no problem with that.

It's the people who fly flags of nations that attacked us who need to tear down those rags. I've never seen a Nazi flag in person, nor Soviet, nor North Korean, and while I've seen the films of 1960s-early '70s protests, I've never seen a Vietcong flag in person, either. I have, at protests of both Iraq wars, seen Palestinian and Cuban flags, and I don't like that at all: Those people are doing a just cause no favors, and those flags represent the PLO and the Castros, deeply evil people. (I'm not counting the Union Jack: The last time Britain fired on us was in 1815 and they've been our allies for about a century.)

• Doug B

In my neighborhood you'd get lynched for flying the current Vietnamese flag. We have a lot of refugees who still refuse to accept that they lost.

Other than that, who cares?

Of course, you realize that what everyone calls the Confederate flag is no such thing, but is instead some weird cross between the Second Navy Jack and the actual Battle Flag.

As far as I'm concerned, the Confederate flags are symbols of failure. Failure to form a stable government, failure to exploit some of the worst generals in US history, failure to gain allies, failure to recognize defeat.

The confederate flag is part of american history. So it is a bit different from a russian, korean, or vietnamese flag. But even so you have the right to fly anything you want to. That's the beauty of being american. We have freedoms like that, at least for now. Also not everyone see's the confederate flag the same. Just cause you fly a confederate flag dont make you racist. I see it more as a symbol for the south.

Source(s): Me
  • Paul

Mr. Jones I was up against another job candidate for a route sales job

the other candidate had the confederate flag on everything he wore

his shirt, his belt buckle a tattoo? and even on his lighter of course

he had it on his car too

The Route Sales was to be in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb counties

in Michigan~~when the bosses looked at our records we were tied

but someone told the bosses in a closed meeting that this young

man would offend a lot of customers~(we serviced K-mart, Grants,

Woolworth, Kresge, Penny's~etc etc

That was the only time the confederate flag helped me as I got the

job and stayed with them for seven years

Yes~flags, tattoos, bumper stickers and whatever can make a difference

It depends on why you would fly it. if you're Korean, Russian, or Vietnamese, there would be nothing wrong with it. if you did it for spite, since you're American, it wouldn't make sense.

People in the south fly the confederacy flag, well because they're southerners.Makes them feel distinct from the rest of the country and continue to live in the past. It empowers them and it's their way of sticking it to the rest of the country and continues to show their racism against blacks. It's like they're sticking it in our faces, shows their continued ignorance and disrespect.

But what else do expect from southern rednecks who know nothing other than what they see in front of them?

Sure. Fly all 3 at the same time. I'll defend your 1st Amendment right to do so. The SAME way I'll defend the right of people to fly the Confederate flag. You can't have it both ways. This isn't Burger King. You don't get it your way to try and make a point that is invalid on its face. You can't pick and choose what part of the 1st Amendment you choose to support. Either support the Amendment or don't, but don't try to cherry pick it.

Source(s): TIRED of the race baiting CRAP.

Just like flying the Pan-African flag... it is a flag of a non existent entity... flying the foreign flags of existing Nations on US soil is legal, as long as the US Flag is properly displayed.

As for non existent entities flags... no problem... you can fly the gadsden , the confederate, the nazi, the pan american... what ever floats your boat.

Here, read it yourself...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode04/us...

Includes specific rules for Display with Flags of other Nations...

What's NOT okay is this...

http://mommylife.net/archives/2009/01/18/oflag.jpg

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode04/us... go to G.

They think the South will rise again, and they are encouraged by the demonic wing of the Republican Party to feel empowered in their racist, redneck, trailer park belief system.

P.S. You have a truck? That surprises me for some reason.

The Confederate battle flag is part of this country's history. It represents heritage and not hate like the liberals want to portray it.