:) asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

best way to put weight on?

hi im under weight and really want to put weight on what is the best way of doing this?

Best Answer

eat more healthy food and exercise.

i was in ur situation few years back... was very underweight.... i took the "easy" option and my diet consisted of (and still does) junk food.... i got to the weight i wanted... only one problem... now i'm going over it...

luckily, i am at a stage where i have that self control needed to stop \ reduce and keep my weight where it is... i think if i realised a lil later that i was going over then i might not have been able to control myself.

Eat a lot at meals, but don't eat junk food during the day. Also do a lot of crunches, push ups, anything that builds muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so that will make you weigh more and you'll be fit. Drink water like 30 minutes before a meal until you're full. The water leaves your stomach in 10, so then your stomach is bigger and you have more room to eat. Eat a lot of protein.

well details of age, height and weight would be helpful. There are many ways to gain weight. I suggest that you start taking some muscle milk and go lift. If you cant lift you should do setups and pushups every day and night. When you eat you need to eat alot of carbs such as mac and cheese. Also you dont want to get fat so stay away ffom pop and candy.

Good Luck!

Purchase a good quality protein powder, preferably Whey based.

Mix it up with full fat milk + fruit and ice( if it's Summer) and have this alongside a good quality meal. Don't skip meals.

If it's a purely scale based weight gain building muscle will help.

Source(s): I have a teenage son who is tall and slim but needed to bulk up for Rugby

Eat a little more than you usually do now. That way you won't gain a bunch at once. You'll slowly put on a few pounds and still be healthy.

Well don't go do something stupid like eat big mac's and clog your heart. The best thing to do is either eat more good things, or to skip meals because it will slow down your metabolism and your body will hold on to food longer.

Drink lots of juice! Tons of empty calories and no nutrition. Good luck and be careful.

Hope this helps.

dont worry about being under weight, but if you want try working out it adds mussel

Source(s): me

Move into your nearest McDonalds

eating more healthy foods. Do exercise.

but make sure u eat calories more than u burn