itry04
itry04 asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Will you participate in a survey of Y!A political posters?

I would like to know where people stand on the following issues. If you could please add your political affiliation.Feel free to add comments.

1. Affirmative Action

2. Abortion

3. Health Care (are you for a public option)

4. 2nd Amendment

5. National Security (basically just trying to find out if you think we are safe)

6. Social Welfare

7. Government bailouts of Private Corporations

8. The Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

9. Mexico's legalization of several drugs which are illegal here in the U.S. (I am sure most of you have heard about this and I am unable, due to a lack of media coverage, to really feel out society's reaction)

10. Investigations of the CIA and some of its former leaders

Thanks

Favorite Answer

1. Affirmative Action

It had it's place, but no longer really needed.

2. Abortion

Pro-choice

Public Option

4. 2nd Amendment

I'm for responsible gun ownership

We're safe

6. Social Welfare

Sometimes needed, just shouldn't be a lifestyle

Total BS

8. The Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

Total BS

Drugs should be legal here too. Being illegal doesn't stop the use, only increases crime

Prosecute the bastards!

1. Affirmative Action ---NO ! We have more than enough diversity!

2. Abortion -- None of the govt's business

3. Health Care (are you for a public option) Heck no, we don't have the money!

4. 2nd Amendment --- As Sarah Palin would say: You betcha!!

Heck nooooooooooo--- our borders are wide open, plus we have communists guiding Obama!! That is a fact, ie Van Jones.

6. Social Welfare --- WE are broke!

7. Government bailouts of Private Corporations -HELL NO!

8. The Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan --We need to WIN!!

9. Mexico's legalization of several drugs which are illegal here in the U.S.

Marijuana should be legalized.

NOOOOOOOOo ! Who's investigating the investigators?

Obama and his cronies should be investigated!

Source(s): Once a democrat until I got smart, then a Republican, until I got even smarter and decided I'm an Independent.

1. Affirmative Action-- No

2. Abortion-- Not my business, but personally I would not want my GF to get one unless it risked her life.

3. Health Care (are you for a public option)-- No

4. 2nd Amendment-- YES!

5. National Security (basically just trying to find out if you think we are safe)-- Short term yes.

6. Social Welfare-- If needed, it should be paid back later.

7. Government bailouts of Private Corporations-- NO WAY!

8. The Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan-- Big mistake.

9. Mexico's legalization of several drugs which are illegal here in the U.S. (I am sure most of you have heard about this and I am unable, due to a lack of media coverage, to really feel out society's reaction)--Good for them, we should do the same.

10. Investigations of the CIA and some of its former leaders-- BS. I do think the CIA is unconstitutional though.

1. It had a place a long time ago, now it is a problem

2. I'm okay with the status quo

3. I'm not okay with the bill as it currently exists.

4. I think the 2nd amendment is pretty clear and guns are okay for people to own.

5. we will never be safe as long as we are free. it is just a fact of a free society, people can choose to do bad things.

6. we need to help people who fall on bad times, but we need to get them off of it as soon as we can so they don't grow dependent on it.

7. govt bailouts encourage risky behavior, in that there are no consequences for poor decisions.

8. They are what they are. We are in them, and if we pull out of Iraq too quickly, all the progress will be lost forever. Afganistan is a quagmire that we could deal with for decades. But at the same time, breaking up terrorist groups hiding there is a positive.

9. Mexico did not legalize the drugs. The de-criminalized them. You can still get in trouble, it just won't involve jail. Probably just some fines. Anything that makes a substance that a legitimate company cannot supply more popular only helps to strengthen the cartels. That is a bad thing.

10. I think they are a waste of time, money and a distraction from current events. If there are investigations that need to be done, have the FBI or someone like that do it. Not another special probe. e already pay the FBI, we don't need to pay a special probe too.

1. Outdated. President Obama ruined it.

2. Don't agree with it. If ya' can't figure out what causes babies, you shouldn't be practicing makin' 'em.

3. The government could screw up an anvil. Public option is not a bad idea, but our government would screw it up.

4. It's the second amendment. Don't screw with the constitution.

5. We are only as safe as our enemies are lazy or dumb.

6. Great when sponsored by churches and legit. non-profits. Government, again, screwing up the anvil.

7. Big Hairy Audacious NO!

8. Suck, but what are you going to do? Turn tail and run?

9. Immigration and border policies are non existent. Until something actually changes there, there will be no change in the so called war on drugs.

10. Political cover for falling poll numbers. Good luck trying to find people willing to do the nasty stuff if the administration makes them the criminal.

Previous republican, now independent leaning conservative/libertarian.

1. Affirmative Action - NO COMMENT

2. Abortion - PRO-CHOICE - LET THE BABY HAVE A CHOICE

3. Health Care (are you for a public option) - PRIVATE

4. 2nd Amendment - PRO

5. National Security (basically just trying to find out if you think we are safe) - LESS SAFE. OBAMA IS OVER HIS HEAD

6. Social Welfare - PROMOTE MORE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND LESS HANDOUTS

7. Government bailouts of Private Corporations - I FAVOR CHAPTER 11

8. The Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan - PRO AFGAN WAR, OK WITH IRAQ WAR

9. Mexico's legalization of several drugs - LET'S WAIT HOW MEXICANS TURN OUT FIRST

10. Investigations of the CIA and some of its former leaders - NOT A GOOD IDEA

Sorry for the CAPS.

1. against Affirmative Action.

2. against abortions but I am pro-choice.

3. for a public option.

4. I believe in the entire U.S. Constitution.

5. We can never be completely safe.

6. for social welfare for short term periods. Many need to be kick off.

7. against bailouts of private companies but I understand why it was done.

8. I was against the war in Iraq and for the war in Afghanistan.

9. I could care less what Mexico does. I want our borders secured.

10. All laws should be enforce regardless of who is involved.

Democrat but I have voted for Republicans also.

1. i think it's important to keep the playing field level, but there should be other ways to do it than affirmative action. i'm against places having to fill racial/gender quotas.

2. i'm pro-choice

3. i'm for the public option

4. there should be restrictions on who can own guns and what kind of guns can be owned.

5. i feel safe in america.

6. welfare is important and we shouldn't punish everyone on it because of the ones that do abuse the system. however, it should focus more on finding jobs for people that need it

7. no corporation should be too big to fail in the first place

8. i still don't know the point of going to iraq. i think it's more important to focus on afghanistan

9. i'll have to see how it turns out in mexico before i can have an opinion on it

10. the cia should be held to certain standards and should be investigated if they do something that may not have met those standards

• 1. Oppose

2. I think woman should have to go through a counsling session before allowed to go through with their decision

3. Im half and half on that one. I think there should be a public option. I just dont think the government needs to be running it. It should be up to the states.

4. Its their for a reason. I dont agree with anything that goes against the constitution

5. I think we can up it a bit but we are way better off then other countrys

6. Needs to have a limit put in and drug testing. And a limit on what you can buy with that money.

7. Against. If they dont know how to make good decisons then they dont deserve my money

8. I can do without the Iraq war, but after 9/11, I support the war in afganistan

9. Its their country. Let them legalize what they want.

10. I dont know all the facts and details to make a comment.

1. Should be based on merits, not race. Still, add some programs to help minorities succeed.

2. Pro-life and proud (except when the medical condition is fatal)

3. Government option FTW

4. Not the 1700's anymore. Sorry

5. Stop meddling in other countries policies. We earn enemies by our blowback policies

6. Reform it. Provide programs to help people get back on their feet, not depend on it.

7. Undecided. Don't like them, but I can see why we put them up

8. Afghanistan-Justified, but poorly executed

Iraq- Stupid stupid costly war

9. Drugs aren't bad. Drug abuse is. Legalize pot. Educate people, stop wasting money on drug raids that are counter-productive

10. YES! You are not above the law in this country, which is what makes me love it.

Source(s): Independent