Is Boeing failing to control subcontractors adequately?

Given the latest failure, poorly built Italian fuselage sections, have Boeing simply failed to ensure adequate quality from their suppliers? Or is it just that the separate parts are all being cobbled together by the lowest bidders? Or is there some other reason this plane is sounding increasingly... show more Given the latest failure, poorly built Italian fuselage sections, have Boeing simply failed to ensure adequate quality from their suppliers? Or is it just that the separate parts are all being cobbled together by the lowest bidders? Or is there some other reason this plane is sounding increasingly unsafe?
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/bu...
Update: I have also been an aerospace prime contractor and I know you need to corner then watch them like hawks. Two years after scheduled first flight is more than two years after a major structural defect should have been noticed. The argument that this is new tech cuts no ice either; if the tech is ready for production... show more I have also been an aerospace prime contractor and I know you need to corner then watch them like hawks. Two years after scheduled first flight is more than two years after a major structural defect should have been noticed. The argument that this is new tech cuts no ice either; if the tech is ready for production with a planned thirty year service life then it can not also be experimental and unproven. You can't have it both ways. I am an engineer who does complex tasks in leading edge systems and gets them delivered on time and working, I have similar expectations of others.