How trustworthy are agencies like Delta room rentals, NYC room for rent etc. for short term rentals in NYC?

Hi, I am looking for a suitable, safe and not very expensive place to stay for 2 months for an internship i have in midtown NYC. I have been checking craigslist for a week now and nothing has worked so far. I was wondering if rental agencies like Delta Room Rentals, NYC Rooms for rent, Wilson realty etc. are... show more Hi,
I am looking for a suitable, safe and not very expensive place to stay for 2 months for an internship i have in midtown NYC. I have been checking craigslist for a week now and nothing has worked so far. I was wondering if rental agencies like Delta Room Rentals, NYC Rooms for rent, Wilson realty etc. are reliable and get you good and safe places to live in. Has anyone ever used them and if yes, how was the experience on dealing and renting through them? It is getting close to my internship start date in mid- September and i am now worried as i have yet to find a place to live in NYC! These agencies charge around 500$ a month and there is no hassle of lease etc. Please let me know if somebody has had any experiences with them!
Thanks!
3 answers