Do you think Libya is a terrorist nation?

Or at the very least, was it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTA_Flight_772#Libyan...

When it comes to Pan Am Flight 103, I can not help but think that there is no smoke without fire.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8219433.stm

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Libya is ruled by a dictator terrorist.

By H

• Login to reply the answers
  • Mark J
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes- the Scotland plane was 21 years ago, but the nation of Libya is still a terrorist nation. They were one of the first nations to espouse terrorism as a national policy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes.

Why else would hundreds come out to jubilantly cheer a murdering bomber on his return to Libya?

People don't cheer for things they disapprove of.

They are not jubilant about people whose actions are contrary to their own intent.

They don't send the Head of State's son to the airport to greet persons they feel are deplorable monsters.

Every Libyan, or almost every Libyan, wishes he or she would have a chance to blow up several hundred non-moslems, especially if they included plenty of Americans and British.

It's like the Bali bombing. A few people did it, but billions were supporting of the hero martyrs who did the actual job. Same thing in Kenya. Same thing on 9/11.

The West needs to create a hermetic seal between itself and all moslems. Let moslems have all of their purity by living together with each other in moslem lands. Let's have the West just forget about it's bankrupt oil-based economy, and find some other forms of energy, and do without the moslems.

These cultures are not ready to be co-located. They need to be separated. The moslems for their greater purity, the West for its greater longevity. We can do quite well, on both sides, without each other. The moslems can sell their oil to the Chinese, who do want it. The Chinese will have no trouble refraining from contaminating moslem lands or bringing imperialism to them -- they are old fashioned cash on the barrelhead traders and are not looking to extend Chinese power to Saudi Arabia, or Yemen, or Libya, or help those people become more "Chinese".

For my money all moslems could be in a heavy steel Mosler safe at the bottom of the sea, but I want to be fairminded, and gentle, and affable to the extant that it is possible. So let's think separation of the two cultures.

Source(s): Lord Mountbatten showed the way.
  • 1 decade ago

No. Thinking of terrorist nations the first name that comes to mind for me is the US.

The CIA would be the biggest terrorist organization in the world if it wasn't for their undeniable connections to the US government

"A terrorist is someone who has a bomb, but doesn't have an air force."William Blum

Thar's the only distinction, terrorist is usually reserved for a non governmental entity, but yes the US is a rogue nation and if we're gonna start to call any country a terrorist state that's where we should start though I agree with the others who pointed out Israels record

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtKgf...

The CIA known around the world as Murder INC

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/aug2009/pers-a21...

"When people decry civilian deaths caused by the U.S. government, they're aiding propaganda efforts. In sharp contrast, when civilian deaths are caused by bombers who hate America, the perpetrators are evil and those deaths are tragedies.

When they put bombs in cars and kill people, they're uncivilized killers. When we put bombs on missiles and kill people, we're upholding civilized values. When they kill, they're terrorists. When we kill, we're striking against terror."

http://cursor.org/stories/civilian_deaths.htm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

NO. "Terrorists" aren't allowed to have 'allies'. It doesn't mean they don't have legitimate friends - even if we decide they aren't (legitimate). We learnt that when we declared war on Iraq. Twice. The Gulf War had quite a lot on 'stand by'. The War on Iraq had none.

"An eye for an eye" comes to mind.

We will insist on being allies of the U.S.A..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I wonder if i ask a Libyan if Britain or America are terrorist nations or maybe an Iraqi.

Should i ask a Palestinian if he thinks Israel is a terrorist nation or an Israeli if Palestine is a terrorist nation

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. Libya has got oil and lots of it. Guess who does not have much oil left, but who burns up 95% of the world's oil reserves?

Clue, it has 50 states.

• 1 decade ago

Saudi Arabia and Israel are the only terrorist nations

• Libya is filled with righteous disciples. They are holy and righteous before the sight of Allah. If you make fun of our fellow brothers, then I Kill You!!! If you look at me again in the face, I Still Kill You!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Perhaps in the past...

Israel is a terrorist nation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.