Why does ice float in liquid water?

well for my AP biology class i have a question on this take home quiz asking "why does ice float on liquid water" and my textbook says otherwise from the choices the quiz gives me. so please help? :] the choices are A. the liquid water molecules have more kinetic energy and thus support the... show more well for my AP biology class i have a question on this take home quiz asking "why does ice float on liquid water"

and my textbook says otherwise from the choices the quiz gives me. so please help? :]

the choices are

A. the liquid water molecules have more kinetic energy and thus support the ice.

B. The ionic bonds between the molecules in ice prevent it from sinking.

C. Ice always has air bubbles that keep it afloat.

D. Hydrogen bonds stabilize and keep the molecules of ice farther apart than the water molecules of liquid water.

E. The crystalline lattice of ice causes itto be denser than liquid water

i have ruled out C because it sounds a bit dumb.
i have also ruled out A because it sounds a bit off also.
and im believe it cant be E unless the teacher made a error because ice is less dense than water.
And i would believe D is the answer but im unsure

i have checked the textbook and some website but they all say otherwise than any of my choices
so of u can help plz do
:]
thx