Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 decade ago

Pirouettes Pirouettes Pirouettes?

Hello fellow dancers. I'd like to know..

-How many pirouettes can you do ? (without stopping)

-How much time did it took you to be that good? (if you are)

-How much do you practice?

-Tips? I'm trying to get better but I never took classes or anything for that kind of thing.

Thank you fellow dancers.

Favorite Answer

I get around in three times.

I need to stay on my toes.

umm hard to say. maybe since july. It was wierd I just turnning and I could do it. It's hard to explain. I got it in july and ive been perfecting it.

I practice a lot lol.

-How much do you practice?

1 or 2

1 day

not to often

and i learned at this camp we learned by doing preps and this is how we did it

1. put hands out in 2nd and put foot out to the side

2.put right hand to the front and right foot back

3.go on realeve, push off round bring foot to posse and bring arms to 1st

i can do 5 in a row going left and 4 in a row going right. i've been dancing since i was 2, but of course i wasn't very good, and i've been on pointe since i was 7, and when i was 9 i got my triple on both sides and 10 i got 5 in a row on the left side and i got 4 in a row on the right side. when i was younger i danced about 2 one hour classes a week, then when i was 7 i went to 3 then when i was 9 i went to four and then 13 i took 6 one and a half hour classes and now i am 14 and i take 8 classes that are 1 1/2 hrs each. practice spotting your head and balancing in pirouette position, spotting your head is so you don't get dizzy and it helps you turn faster and balancing will help you land more pirouettes in a row :]

Source(s): dancer since i was 2 :] pointe since i was 7 :]

whether you do pirouettes with bare feet or not depends on the studio and what the teachers want. at my studio we do all our classes apart from ballet/pointe barefoot, but most other studios use jazz shoes, socks or foot undies/thongs.

i can do a perfect double it took my about a month even though i usually practice turns all day everyday

• Jorjor

1. one or two LOL