what's your opinion on the advertisers who will boycott Glenn Beck due to "racist comments"?

Update:

i watched the video and you are wrong

the definition of racist is

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

so all he has to do is think he's better not hate

Update 2:

fine i'll have to make it public (i can't email you)

A person doesn't have to say his belief

(like when obama called the white cop a racist, the cop didn't say anything about hating blacks (racism is a belief you don't have to voice it) get your facts straight

19 Answers

Relevance
  • BERT
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Where were they when everyone was calling Bush racist during the Katrina catastrophe? All anyone has to do is read Obamas book to realize he's a tad racist. Which is strange to me seeing as how he's half white. There is a climate of oppression against anyone who doesn't like Obama and has anything critical to say against him. Black activist groups are pulling these kinds of maneuvers to try and silence all opposition against him.It wouldn't matter if he was torturing puppies, if you didn't like it it would be because you were racist if you spoke out. He is clearly the most racist president we have ever had since I was born in my opinion so I guess if I had a talk show I'd be losing some advertisers. But you know what I spend close to $1,000.00 every single month at Walmart and I'm sure Kroger will be happy to see my business. We don't live in a dictatorship and the American people should never be put in the position where they are unable to express their opinions about government leaders. I hope that other advertisers will jump in and take up where these speech police bullies left off. they'll get my business!

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=37c4b3685...

• 4 years ago

Honestly, they only hear what they want to. The far left is made up of the most intolerant, hateful, ignorant, and out-of-touch sheeple that this country has to offer. Case in point: User "MJ FOREVER LOVED!" remains blissfully ignorant of what the president actually said when he took Gates' side in his knee-jerk reaction. MJ FOREVER claims that "Gates was a personal friend of the Presidents, so he reacted in support of his friend. I would have certainly did the same thing." What the President actually said was, "well, I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what happened, but it is obvious that the police acted stupidly", then went on to talk about "there are very many real cases of racial profiling that still go on today", which doesn't even apply to this particular case. MJ FOREVER doesn't "give a ***** about Beck one way or the other", and says he is a "piece of *****". I would be willing to lay huge odds that MJ FOREVER has never actually watched an episode of Glenn Beck with an open mind, because she doesn't have to, because she was already told what to believe and who to dismiss by other wack-jobs from the left. It is this wilfull ignorance and venomous hate from the 0bamaholics and other useful idiots which cause me to fear the most for my nation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is nothing here to be "won". Those who currently watch or listen to Glenn Beck will continue to do so. If company "A" is not spending a million dollars for a spot of advertising, company "B" will be GLAD to take the spot for $900,000. Savvy executives may even split the time allotted and score TWO advertisements.

Idaho will not go broke because I give up potatoes...........

The act of "boycotting" does little to the company and much for the esteem of the boycotter.

• Marie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It amounts to trying to silence anyone who would speak out against Obama. We are becoming a nation of people who are starting to live in fear of the government.

I think it is time for all those Americans who believe in the rights the Constitution guarantees us to speak up. I think we should boycott the companies boycotting Glenn Beck! Glenn Beck is the only one on any show who has the guts to tell it like it is. He says what I want to say! No person should be silenced! Everyone has a right to speak their opinion. The heck with Clorox! I will buy generic bleach! It is cheaper anyway! Wal Mart can take a flying leap too! There are other stores around here besides you! Clorox! If you are listening.........KISS MY GRITS!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's their money so they can spend it how they like.

Just the same way that consumers can choose to watch what programmes they want and what products to buy.

That's freedom of choice which is what America is supposed to be about.

Glenn Beck isn't very clear on this issue I have a clip from his appearance on Fox news which I have attached. He says President Obama is a racist then says he is not saying that Obama doesn't like white people then says President Obama is a racist again. He doesn't even remember what he said 2 seconds before.

Who do you think is more racist a guy who supports ethnic profiling like Glenn Beck or a half-white black man who was brought up by his white mother and grandparents?

Moshe - when has Obama ever said he thinks blacks are better than whites?

This is ridiculous in a country where only 40 or so years ago a black person had to give up their seat on a bus to a white person.

Moshe - when did Obama call the cop (Sgt James Crowley) a racist? Please source evidence. He never did it was Professor Gates who said Sgt Crowley was a racist. This was for arresting him for being in his own house.

It is you who should get your facts straight.

• 1 decade ago

Since the "boycott", the shows popularity has risen substantially. It has failed already. Think about it: people (like myself) who don't watch/listen to shows of that ilk and who don't see the advertising are the ones complaining so the companies are responding to what amounts to non-enmities. It has served basically as free advertising for Glenn Beck and will make the advertisers who remain quite happy as their visibility increases and the ones who left lose business. Trumped up items have a habit of biting you in the butt.

• 1 decade ago

Well, what concerns me about their boycott is the hypocrisy. Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann say awful, incendiary comments on a daily basis. They are extremely polarizing and offensive. However, there does not seem to be any advertisers backing away from them. I am NOT a Glenn Beck fan at all, but I think his free speech rights are the same as everyone else's.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To be honest, I'm not surprised. Then again, maybe in 1-3 months another political pundit will make another outrageous and we will be back to square one.

Though I do not agree with what Glenn Beck said, it is a little unfair because a few years back, Kayne West made a similar statement about George Bush and nothing happened.

• Lena
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The Boycott will pass when he gets more viewers, Those companies boycotting him will not resist the viewing public.

• 1 decade ago

They shoot themselves in the foot, really. Who really gives a rat's hiney about the advertisers?

Yeah, I know, they're the ones who fund the show... but I gotta be honest. I may listen to a particular show, but I don't feel any obligation to "patronize our sponsors."

I haven't listened to Glenn Beck in a long time, so missed his controversial comments. But I really couldn't care less about the advertisers who are dropping him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.