Windows Vista Blue Screen of Death?

Every time I try to log on to Windows Vista, a blue screen pops up and restarts my computer. This just happens over and over again. The only way I can access the internet (or my computer) is through Safe Mode.

How can I fix this? :(

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The blue screen of death, also known as the blue screen of doom or simply blue screen, is one of the most notorious error messages in Windows based operating systems. To fix blue screen errors, you can safely assume that there's something going seriously wrong in your operating system. Unfortunately for us, and even the highest trained computer technicians, fixing the blue screen of death isn't always as simple as we'd like it to be, and it can take an obscure amount of PC knowledge to get to the root of the problem.

90% registry cleaner can fix the blue screen.

http://bluescreen-fix.com

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is possible that your computer's processor blocked an activity of a program by stopping the computer from working to prevent the activity from being executed (also known as DEP or Data Execution Prevention) and giving you BSOD instead.

Try this in Safe Mode:

- opening Start > Control Panel > System

- Click on 'Advanced' tab

- In the performance area, click 'Settings' button

- A new window will appear

- Click on 'Data Execution Prevention' tab

- Click on the upper radio button (run DEP only for Windows services)

- Restart your computer

In case it doesn't work or it is set to run DEP for Windows services only, maybe the problem was caused by something else :(

Anyway, hope this helps :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fix Blue Screen of Death As Easy As 1-2-3

http://www.fix-computer.org/fix-blue-screen-of-dea...

hope that helps.

• 1 decade ago

If you have the back-up disks that came with your computer (most people don't get them though) you can do a factory reset, where the computer is reverted to the settings the same as the day it came out of the factory (you will loose all of you're programs and files however with both methods)

the only other way is (if you weren't supplied restore disks) is to wipe the HDD and BUY Vista again (sorry) what you could do is buy XP as it is cheaper and better :)

hope this helps

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

On safe mode go to computer properties.On the advanced tab hit startup and recovery.there un check the " restart on system error" This will give you time to read the message on the blue screen and find out what is causing it.

• FunSun
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

reinstall vista or do factory restore.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.