Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 decade ago

Glenn Beck "Racist" for Calling Obama "Racist"?

im sure by now everyone has heard all about that.but my question is, what about when Bush was in office?he was called a racist for at least the last 3 years of his term,and it was perfectly acceptable.but when someone calls the great Obama a racist,ppl wont him crucified.now i dont personally think Obama is a racist,but whats the difference there?aint this a double standard were following?

• Ann
    Favorite Answer

It is a double standard.

Bush was called all kinds of names and it was fine but look how they act about Obama is wrong.

Glenn Beck isn't a devoted Mormon, I am embarrassed that he is an example to the public of what a Mormon is. Glenn Beck is an alcoholic, probably doesn't drink anymore, but this mentality is still based on his alcoholic rages. For a Mormon, in the public eye, Glenn Beck is an embarrassment to the church. Mormons do not, or rather, should not represent themselves the way that he does. Every church has bad apples in the barrel. I think if questioned on the theology and beliefs of the Mormon church, Glenn Beck would get an "F" That he toots his horn by proclaiming that the Mormon church saved him, doesn't make him a Mormon. His actions do, and he lacks the behavior that we try to portray. I can't visualize Glenn Beck meeting someone on the street and offering to share a gospel story. I doubt if he has invited friends, neighbors, strangers to his house to visit with the Missionaries, to visit with him in Church on Sunday. So please, don't consider him as representing the church, unfortunately, this is America, and the First Amendment is alive and well - suffering from colds every now and then. So he runs his mouth. I haven't read any religious "talks" that he has given, or even if he priesthood leadership has asked him to give a talk (aka sermon) within the church. Not being invited to the pulpit is the sure sign that the church does not recognize that you are filled with spirit.

Well, Don, you're well entitled to your opinions if you don't think Obama is a racist, but Glenn has been going too far. He was once on CNN'S HLN but now he's spewing every bit of nonfacts and giving the audience a minishow consisting of things communist (like how he used Russian on the ticker), Fascist, or Socialism on Fox News. About the crucifixion part, the people doesn't want him as president because they believed a black person will bring bad things to the White House. Does Liberia have a female president who is trying her damnest to help Africa? Besides, hearing a lot of lies will anger God and judgment against a person who is helping America and hearing death threats against a person and his family is crossing the line. It's like "You are what you eat." But to me, I got fed nothing but lies and garbage when I was once Republican. So to answer this, it is a double standard.

Well you are correct Beck should be able to speak his mind like most of us. But he failed to remember who he is and that everything he says is going to be scrutinized. Also he made the mistake of being known for calling out people who used the race card. Then in turn he deals from his deck the race card on the President. Just a bad PR move if you ask me.

Bush WAS called almost every name in the book ... but I never heard him called a racist .

• howie

It's part of the governments conspiracy to take the rights from the people, in this case freedom of speech. i applaud Beck for speaking about what most will not.

• Brown

Bush`s action towards blacks after hurricane Katharina, his disrespect to the Arab culture (Invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan) etc. qualifies him a racist. Can you tell me why that Fox bastard should term Obama a racist?

Get your facts straight. Beck and the FOXS news crew is racist..GOOGLE it or watch it on youtube!!!!

Dissent is no longer Patriotic ... I guess..

Source(s): MSDNC's Meltdown w/ Quith Olbermann.

we must give Glenn some slack..he is an alcoholic bi-polar specimen