Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Is it haraam to have sex during the month or ramadan?

Is it haraam to have sex during the month or ramadan or just while your fasting... my husband tells me its haraam but i don't think so. Please give me detailed answers with ayyats from koran or hadith

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Intercourse during the day in Ramadaan is haraam for men and women alike, who are obliged to fast during the day. Doing that is a sin for which expiation (kafaarah) must be offered. The kafaarah is to free a slave; if that is not possible then the person must fast for two consecutive months; whoever is not able to do that must feed sixty poor persons.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Whilst we were sitting with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), a man came to him and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I am doomed!” He said, “What happened?” He said, “I had intercourse with my wife when I was fasting [in Ramadaan].” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Are you able to free a slave?” He said, “No.” He said, “Are you able to fast for two consecutive months?” He said, “No.” He said, “Can you feed sixty poor persons?” He said, “No.” Then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) remained silent for a while, and whilst we were like that, a large vessel of dates was brought to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and he said, “Where is the one who was asking?” He said, “Here I am.” He said, “Take these and give them in charity.” The man said, “Is there anyone more poor than me, O Messenger of Allaah? For there is no household between the two harrahs (lava fields – i.e., in Madeenah) that is poorer than my household.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) smiled until his eyeteeth could be seen, then he said, “Feed it to your family.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1834, 1835; Muslim, 1111)

Secondly:

With regard to intercourse during the night in Ramadaan, this is permitted and is not forbidden, and the time when it is permitted lasts until the onset of dawn. When dawn comes, intercourse becomes forbidden.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of As-Sawm (the fasts). They are Libaas [i.e. body-cover, or screen, or Sakan (i.e. you enjoy the pleasure of living with them] for you and you are the same for them. Allaah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He turned to you (accepted your repentance) and forgave you. So now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allaah has ordained for you (offspring), and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night), then complete your Sawm (fast) till the nightfall”

[al-Baqarah 2:187]

This verse clearly states that it is permissible to eat, drink and have intercourse during the nights of Ramadaan until dawn.

After having intercourse it is obligatory to do ghusl, then pray Fajr.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/23339/Intercourse%2...

but if he makes iitikaf, he shouldn't touch you

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/12411/الاعتكاف

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Qur'an [2:187] It has been made permissible for you the night preceding fasting to go to your wives [for sexual relations]. They are clothing for you and you are clothing for them. Allah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He accepted your repentance and forgave you. So now, have relations with them and seek that which Allah has decreed for you. And eat and drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct to you from the black thread [of night]. Then complete the fast until the sunset. And do not have relations with them as long as you are staying for worship in the mosques. These are the limits [set by] Allah, so do not approach them. Thus does Allah make clear His ordinances to the people that they may become righteous. أُحِلَّ لَكُمْ لَيْلَةَ الصِّيَامِ الرَّفَثُ إِلَىٰ نِسَائِكُمْ ۚ هُنَّ لِبَاسٌ لَّكُمْ وَأَنتُمْ لِبَاسٌ لَّهُنَّ ۗ عَلِمَ اللَّهُ أَنَّكُمْ كُنتُمْ تَخْتَانُونَ أَنفُسَكُمْ فَتَابَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَعَفَا عَنكُمْ ۖ فَالْآنَ بَاشِرُوهُنَّ وَابْتَغُوا مَا كَتَبَ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ ۚ وَكُلُوا وَاشْرَبُوا حَتَّىٰ يَتَبَيَّنَ لَكُمُ الْخَيْطُ الْأَبْيَضُ مِنَ الْخَيْطِ الْأَسْوَدِ مِنَ الْفَجْرِ ۖ ثُمَّ أَتِمُّوا الصِّيَامَ إِلَى اللَّيْلِ ۚ وَلَا تُبَاشِرُوهُنَّ وَأَنتُمْ عَاكِفُونَ فِي الْمَسَاجِدِ ۗ تِلْكَ حُدُودُ اللَّهِ فَلَا تَقْرَبُوهَا ۗ كَذَ‌ٰلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللَّهُ آيَاتِهِ لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَّقُونَ

• 1 decade ago

i don't know the ayath number but i have listened in islamic lecture given by a renowned scholar about the doubts relating to ramadan, quoted one ayath from quran and also some hadith and said that the three things which is halaal to us during normal days is haraam during the time fasting in ramadan and they are eating, drinking and having sex. the other period of day when you are not fasting is as usual as common days when u can eat, drink and have sex with your wife which is halaal.

• 1 decade ago

Sexual relations between husband and wife are allowed only after fasting hours between Maghrib and Faijr.It is Haram in the daytime for the entire month of Ramadan.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • jarvie
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Hadith On Sex

• 1 decade ago

Peace be upon you,

The Quran has the answer:

(2:187)Permitted for you is sexual intercourse with your wives during the nights of fasting. They are the keepers of your secrets, and you are the keepers of their secrets. GOD knew that you used to betray your souls, and He has redeemed you, and has pardoned you. Henceforth, you may have intercourse with them, seeking what GOD has permitted for you. You may eat and drink until the white thread of light becomes distinguishable from the dark thread of night at dawn. Then, you shall fast until sunset. Sexual intercourse is prohibited if you decide to retreat to the masjid (during the last ten days of Ramadan). These are GOD's laws; you shall not transgress them. GOD thus clarifies His revelations for the people, that they may attain salvation.

Peace

Joseph

• 1 decade ago

Just while you are fasting, once you break your fast and it is night time, then you can have relations with your wife / husband.

Surah Baqarah

187. It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of As-Saum (the fasts). They are Libas [i.e. body cover, or screen, or Sakan, (i.e. you enjoy the pleasure of living with her - as in Verse 7:189) Tafsir At-Tabari], for you and you are the same for them. Allah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He turned to you (accepted your repentance) and forgave you. So now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allah has ordained for you (offspring), and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night), then complete your Saum (fast) till the nightfall. And do not have sexual relations with them (your wives) while you are in I'tikaf (i.e. confining oneself in a mosque for prayers and invocations leaving the worldly activities) in the mosques. These are the limits (set) by Allah, so approach them not. Thus does Allah make clear His Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelations, verses, laws, legal and illegal things, Allah's set limits, orders, etc.) to mankind that they may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Pregnancy Remedies http://netint.info/GetPregnantNaturally/?M6tY
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.