International calls with Magic Jack are free?

Ok, so i've seen mixed comments about the above statement/question. I am more interested in calling to the philippines regularly. But is this free, or is it still the normal crap expensive charges? And if anyone knows the exact cent/min cost that might be helpful. Also, if someone has MagicJack in the philippines, and they call me in the US, is that free for both of us? Right now i run up an extra $30 a month calling internationally, and was trying to find something cheaper. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Favorite Answer

Only free calls to us.It may cost you for incoming.

You can visit this site it has lots of great information on free calls

http://voipsms.blogspot.com

It is free for the MagicJack user, same as calling a landline. It may cost the recipient for on a cell-phone though, based on the service plan, rates, and terms, in that it will use air time.

did you look at vonage. they have a lot of international deals. magic jack has no customer support. I did some research when I saw the commercials earlier this year. I would avoid this company nothing but complaints and non resolution.

vonage. lady at work has this and called Europe alot and siad it was advantegous. I just do not know about Phillipeans.