You have to love God but if you don't then you don't know him?

1 John 4:8 He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.

I want to see if you think the same thing I am pondering.

I would like to hear from you.

TY!

Hey, fellows! I love God.

• Liz
    Favorite Answer

1 John 4:8

He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.

Love Jehovah Your God with all your heart soul mind and strength AND

Love your neighbor as yourself.

By this ALL will know that you are my disciples if you have love among

yourselves.

Logical progression.

If someone does not or cannot love they don't know God.

And if they KNEW God they would love him.

And if they knew God, and they loved HIM first and foremost only

then can they love others and have it be manifest or foremost

THEN people can KNOW that this is the people that God is with.

We can't be hating our brother and then say we love God. It is impossible. Also when a person truly learns about Jehovah God and his love for us, we can't help but love him.

Next time read the entire chapter. It seems to me to say that loving each other is the proper way to express love for God. Love alone is sufficient to know God, and all your other dogma that interferes with your ability to love others is false.

Passage 1 John 4

...No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

...God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him....

....there is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love....

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Amazing how many Christians will thumb down the bible when it demands they love people. What Pharisees they are.

Zanzibar: What part of you is served by ignoring the line: ...No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Why do you fear that line? If you acknowledged that line, you wouldn't be content to be loving to an entity who is not present. You would be compelled to express it where it can actually do some good, but that would be hard. Does your deity have as much difficulty focusing as you do? You better hope so.

I don't have to do jack sheet just because you say so, much less love your imaginary god. That's what "free will" REALLY is all about.

@ Zanzibar - There's no such thing as "logic" in matters of religious faith. Where do "religious" people park their brains when they engage the REAL world?

That doesn't sound very unconditional does it.

But 1 Corinthians tells us that love is never jealous.

Yet we read and are told often that God is a jealous god.

God cannot be love.

Loving to who ? I wonder if the women and children who he ordered his warriors to slay like rats thought that he was a loving entity

How can you not know God? A piece of Heaven is inside you and you can't realize that? God is in you.

i don't believe in god if he loved us he wouldn't put the stuff on earth that hurts us for example cancer he would get rid of that for us

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀

Which of these do not partly explain why people are religious:

echolalia, schizophrenia, stunted moral development under kholbergs theory of moral development, low IQ, god helmet, god gene, defense mechanism for fear of death, internalized conformity, and the catch all term: omenosis.

anil 4:8 He that does not love himself has not come to know god, because god is within him.