Where can we go in the french quarter for honeymoon?

We are getting married on January 30th. I want to go somewhere historical and romantic. I love going to New Orleans. Where is a good historical home or bed and breakfast we could go to?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Many hotels have Honeymoon packages:

http://www.lerichelieuhotel.com/specials/#packagel...

http://www.maisondupuy.com/packages.shtml

Dauphine Orleans Includes:

3 days and 2 nights Premium accommodations

Welcome Cocktail

Continental Breakfast each morning

Bottle of champagne and glasses

Brunch at Court of Two Sisters

$50 Broussard’s dinner gift certificate

2 glasses of wine at Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar and Bistro

Cafe au Lait & Beignets at Café Du Monde

Hotel Monteleone

ROMANTIC INTERLUDE( WOULD BE MY CHOICE)

3 days/ 2 nights deluxe accommodations in the heart of the French Quarter

Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on arrival

3-Course romantic dinner including a bottle of house wine in our Hunt Room Grill. The Hunt Room Grill features International cuisine with a distinct New Orleans flair. Award winning Chef Randy Buck is noted for using the freshest ingredients to create incredibly imaginative and delicious dishes. Breakfast at Brennan’s on world famous Royal Street is a dining experience that any visitor to New Orleans should not miss. Throughout the years, Brennan’s talented chefs have created some of the world’s most famous and ingenious dishes which continue to bring them worldwide recognition. Everyone who visits Brennan’s should definitely save room for dessert. Brennan’s world-famous creation, “Bananas Foster,” is the most requested item on their menu. Visit Café du Monde to enjoy café au lait and beignets

Hotel Provincial’s

“Cavort and Canoodle in the Crescent City” package is styled for honeymoon couples and other romantics. Details include:

Two nights suite accommodation

Two-hour Mississippi River steamboat cruise

Chocolate at turn-down each night

Times-Picayune doorstep delivery each morning

Romantic dinner for two with a special menu at Stella restaurant

Mule-drawn carriage ride and one-hour tour through the French Quarter including picnic lunch

Beignets and café au lait at Café Beignet

Fresh-picked bouquet

Sazerac upon arrival

Complimentary valet parking

Don't forget to check out SUCRE for luxury chocolates http://www.shopsucre.com/

Jackson Square, St Louis Cathedral, Cafe Du Monde, Rvierboat(don't eat there the food is terrible) Zoo, Aquarium, Historic New Orleans Collection, Royal St. Antiques, Magazine Street Shopping, Airboat Swamp tour, Mardi Gras World, Ride the Streetcar, You can just walk around to see the Architecture! I would also suggest Getting off the streetcar and walking in the garden district to see some gorgeous houses. I would get off the streetcar and first look at the Bradish- Johnson House at 2343 Prytania St. From there you can just walk!

Go EAT!!

Museum- Historic New Orleans Collection, Ogden, Dday, the cabildo, Pharmacy, Confederate Museum, US Mint...

Music- Frenchman st!!(snug Harbour, DBA) Check out what is playing at tipitinas, HOB, Howlin Wolf. Tipitinas has cajun dancing every sunday night, and Preservation Hall

Some Restaurants; Brennans, Cochon, Jaquimos( 2nd FAV), Rio Mar, Commanders Palace(MY FAV), Muriels, Old Coffee Pot (FAVORITE RED BEANS and breakfast), Upperline, Lilette, Irenes, Gumbo Shop, Napolean House( FAV. LUNCH SPOT), One on Hampson, Brennans, Crepe Nanou, Tommys Restaurant, Brigtsens( GREAT), Dragos(famous for Chargriled oysters), Domileses(awesome poboys), Favorite coffee- Cafe du monde

Favorite dessert- Commanders

Drink! Pat O's, Lafittes Blacksmith shop, Columns Hotel, Absinthe House, Carousel Bar, bombay club

favorite FQ BAR- Lafittes and Pat o's

Haunted Places; Le Petit Theater, The Pontalba, Pirates Alley, The Lalaurie House, St. Louis Cathedral and Lafittes Blacksmith shop, The Pharmacy are a few.

Source(s): Local
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Most of the Vieux Carre (French Quarter) has a 2 restrict on parking. Unless you've a residential enable, after 2 hours you are going to get a price ticket (and perhaps towed). The most cost-effective choice is to park within the Faubourg Treme (the vicinity instantly adjoining to the Quarter simply throughout N. Rampart. You'll have got to discover a position among St. Phillip and ESplanade nevertheless since the higher element could also be business with meters. After 6:00pm, and on weekends, you'll park without spending a dime at meters on N. Rampart or within the Central Business District (simply throughout Canal Street from the Quarter). In commonplace, within the Quarter, you don't want a vehicle and it's extra of a legal responsibility than an asset. Hotel tons have a tendency to be very steeply-priced. There is a public lot alongside the riverfront among the Quarter and the MIssissippi, however I don't have any proposal what they cost. New Orleans was once deliberate on the Versailles Palace long ago in 1699. For a few peculiar purpose, they did not plan for auto parking !?

• 1 decade ago

The Bourbon Orleans

717 Orleans Ave

New Orleans, LA 70116

(504) 523-2222

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.