Access computers documents through internet explorer?

I need to access my documents through internet explorer/firefox. I only want to access my documents (not my desktop/programs) e.g. through my IP address. I want to be able to do this all round the world, not just in my home network.

Thanks, Jack
Update: Sorry, I don't think i made my self clear enough. I want to be able to host websites from my computer, i am running Fedora 11 on a spare computer and would be willing to change it. I NEED to be able to host my websites from home as i am a small web design business and dont want to pay for hosting and so on. I... show more Sorry, I don't think i made my self clear enough. I want to be able to host websites from my computer, i am running Fedora 11 on a spare computer and would be willing to change it. I NEED to be able to host my websites from home as i am a small web design business and dont want to pay for hosting and so on. I have installed apache and MySQL but none of them work outside of my home network.

(I didnt say "I want to connect to my computer because i knew someone would say use VNC" or something)

Thanks