Accounting Internship OR Part-time Bookkeeper?

Hi!

I am a senior, accounting major student.

I got a part-time internship offer from Kenneth Cole Accounting/finance department. It is unpaid and only for Fall semester.

And I also got a part-time job offer from parking department of my college. It is a bookkeeping job that reviews and audit daily revenue and financial documents of parking department. It is ongoing opportunity and I get paid about $10 per hour, 20 hours a week.

Because of school schedule, I won't be able to take both opportunities. I am not sure which opportunity is better for my resume and will help me get an entry level position at accounting firm after I graduate.

Any suggestion? I'm graduating in May 2010 btw.

Favorite Answer

Take the Internship!!! Your objective is to make money in the future. Kenneth Cole is a respected company and an intership there, if you are excellent could lead to an excellent job or at least a nice job in corporate. Parking department is nice, but doesn't have the wow on the resume as Kenneth Cole. Be careful who you take advice from, you will end up like them.

Source(s): 15 Years Certified Financial Planner

If you want money now, take the second. I suggest the second offer better because it is ongoing, you can take your time to find another job in-between.

take paid position. it will be equivalent on resume when looking for real job plus it pays money.