Can I Qualify for an FHA Home Loan?

Alright, I have six years of steady employment and have been preparing to buy a house and fixing my credit. I am not to the point that my credit will allow me to purchase a home at a good rate, unfortunately my position was eliminated at my job. I am about to accept a salary job offer at a friends landscaping company and am wondering if i would qualify for be able to qualify for a FHA loan. I have been unemployed for 2 months.

Favorite Answer

I wasn't going to answer this question, but when I saw that the only other 2 answers so far looked like SPAM=/ I figured I should=).

My fiancee was laid off from a job in March & started working in late June or early July. Our loan officer only required 30 days pay stubs & was aware of the fact that my fiancee had been laid off & just began a new job. However my fiancee has pretty darn good credit. I would try to go for it. From what you type it's questionable if your credit will qualify, since you are starting a new job you should qualify for FHA loan soon (assuming your credit is good enough). Like I said, our lender would approve us after my fiancee (the only one of us working) was only working for 30 days, and he was unemployed for alot longer than you:).

Only a loan officer can tell you because they take into account your whole financial picture. We'd just be guessing here.