Straightening needlepoint pillows?

I have 2 needlepoint pillow tops that are approximately 40 -45 years old, if not older, that belonged to my grandmother. Due to everyone sitting on them (lol) they have lost their shape. I would like to replace the backs on them as the old ones have dry-rotted, but the fronts are mishapped. Any ideas on how to... show more I have 2 needlepoint pillow tops that are approximately 40 -45 years old, if not older, that belonged to my grandmother. Due to everyone sitting on them (lol) they have lost their shape. I would like to replace the backs on them as the old ones have dry-rotted, but the fronts are mishapped. Any ideas on how to straighten them so I can put new backs on them and re-stuff them? I will be doing this all by hand, so as to be extra careful with them
Update: To Miz Lamb: Thank you for the Info! Another question sif I may... would you suggest anything to be put on the back of the needle-point to stableize it before I add back and the stuffing?