Help with the UC admissions essay prompt?

Prompt #1 (freshman applicants) Describe the world you come from — for example, your family, community or school — and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations. When it says for example use your family, community or school... do we HAVE to use one of those examples? I can't think of... show more Prompt #1 (freshman applicants)
Describe the world you come from — for example, your family, community or school — and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

When it says for example use your family, community or school...
do we HAVE to use one of those examples? I can't think of anyway those these indivdually have shaped me, I'd like to say my experiences and I guess my friends (any suggestions?) have shaped me...

and

Prompt #2 (all applicants)
Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?

For contribution, can I put that I volunteer at a zoo every saturday?
or for a personal strength can i put, i am always careful to make sure to do what i have to do ( for example, i try to do everything i can to make sure no bad things go wrong)

gaaaah
1 answer 1