Do you think people get upset at these townhall meetings just to get on T.V?

I think most do. They know the bigger the stink they make about things the more likely they may get to be on T.V. I am not for this health care plan myself, but I am for health care reform. But I noticed that most of the people that complain about health care reform, you know the ones that don't like it. Already have Medicare you know the plan that the rest of us is paying for. Too much attitude with the older people in my opinion it is all about them. Not all, but most, That's why you never see them vote for an extra penny sales tax to help the schools. Why should they, they don't have any school age children. What say you?

• Witchy
    Best Answer

I doubt if the majority of the protesters are doing it for that reason. I know of plenty of people that are very upset about this who haven't went to any town meetings. People are upset because they strongly disagree with this bill.

As far as the senior citizens, it will effect them. Money will be diverted from Medicare to fund this. Also, you are talking about our seniors like they are free loaders. These people were forced to pay into Social Security adn Medicare for over 40 years of their lives. After paying into the system that long, they deserve the scanty benefits that it gives.

There are people of all ages that disagree with higher taxes. I am one of them and I am far from being a senior citizen. I pay federal taxes, state taxes, city taxes, Social Security taxes, Medicare taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, excise taxes, gas taxes, and there are federal and state taxes on my utility bills, cable bills, water bill, and phone bill. I also have "fees" for hunting, fishing, boating, and driving. Overall, the government takes almost 50% of my income. I think that is enough.

Yes of course most people do not understand President Obama's healthcare plan,so they are just yelling to yell and also It's partly because the republicans are taking advantage of it by making up story's about Obama's healthcare plan... Its really sad cause healthcare needs to change and these people and trying to ruin it for the 40 million people without healthcare in this country.

I'm pretty sure most of them are there just because they want to stir up trouble. Most of them are uneducated and still upset that we have Pres. Obama in the White House and want to make him look like a failure. Were was their rage when Bush, Clinton and Bush Sr. was in office and they were reaping the benefits of state and national health care programs?

I love the ones who don't want the government in charge of their Medicare coverage...give me a break.

Yes we need to revise some of these issues, and need to do it quickly, but these town hall troublemakers have only one thing in mind.....the fear of the Blacks and Mexicans taking over the US.

Sure! I mean...I just love travelling all that way, fighting to park, jostling with crowds, giving up my time just so I can get 2 seconds on TV and be called a Nazi by politicians.