how can i restore my faith?

over the past 2 weeks ive not been myself i shut God out of life because something was telling me that he wasn't real and things that were occurring in my life were all his fault how can i restore my faith and live the life he wants me to live?

Favorite Answer

Obviously, if you thought everything bad was His fault you did not stop believing He was real. He is. Things happen to us for reasons we may never know, understand, or accpet. That does not mean these things are not for the good.

If you're miserable with God and miserable without Him, please choose to let Him back into your life. If you have to be miserable for a season, it's tons better to have Him with you anyway. He never promised to make everything work out to our liking. He does not have that responsibility to any of His children. He does promise that all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His good purpose. Keep praying and ask for His comfort in whatever you're going through.

He once had me go through something absolutely miserable for 10 years, but the miraculous healing He ended that season with was wonderful, permanent, and well worth the struggle. It was hard to see it as I went through the whole thing (10 years is a long time when you're in it) but He really did have me in His Hand the whole time.

If anything tells you God isn't real, tell the devil to shut up and go away, in Jesus' Name.

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." (Romans 10:17) Getting back into His Word is the best place to start. Prayer for forgiveness, strength and direction is priceless.

If YA is a stumbling block to you...stay out of R&S.

One thing that's pretty cool to be a believer in R&S and witness is how God uses even the Atheist to prove His Word is true...every night their behavior proves His Word true! Instead of seeing what they say (which is mostly absurd childishness anyway) look at how their behavior brings truth and therefore glory to the Almighty! Then you are more able to praise Him for what He has done for you and for keeping you from a life of void, and praising Him always done great things to strengthen your faith.

God bless you and keep you and make His light to shine on you.

I will remember you in prayer today.

Source(s): Psalm 53:1 "The fool has said in his heart there is no God."

Let me guide you onto the right path. You will get many telling this way and that way, but ask yourself, do these people know the right way, and are they also still lost?

We provide Christian Books to everybody - absolutely Free!

In these sermon books you will read about how to become a true child of God according to the Bible.

Source(s): www.bjnewlife.org

Hebrews 11:13 "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth."All believers should hold fast the profession of their faith with out wavering. A believer faces many challenges, but two seem particularly difficult to handle, First, our eternal destination cannot be seen with our physical eyes. Without something materia to see or hold, our human nature is not satisfied and on occasion raises questions in our mind: "Is heaven really there ?"; "Am I missing out on something here on earth?" The writer to the Hebrew Christians was aware that questions could lead to doubt, then to discouragement, and even cause some to " draw back"( Hebrews 10:38-39) The second challenge we face is fear of the world's reprisal, directed to anyone daring to not conform to its practices. This fear has stopped many believers from "confessing" their faith and is why the final step to " dying in faith" may be difficult. Like nothing else can, being willing to publicly proclaim your belief in God's Word builds faith and truly honors him.

Source(s): Wednesday August 12 ' 09 - Days of Praise- free from - www.icr.org

The enemy many times tries to take us out of the paths of God. Pray to God and ask him to guide you and put you in a Bible based church where you can learn about him and truly restore your faith...prayer is powerful...JESUS ROCKS!! GOD BLESS YOU!!

• rockey

to initiate, it extremely is totally admirable which you are worried approximately his non secular state. a great type of human beings do no longer care. solid on you for that. purely some recommendations, and you do no longer extremely want to respond to them in case you do no longer sense delicate doing so. How previous is he? i'm thinking you 2 are nonetheless youthful. lots as daily counts, God nonetheless has time to artwork on him. God continuously has a plan. You shared miracles that took place to you, and to no longer him. possibly miracles have not took place to him yet? issues that, want to you, might make him extra compelled to have confidence in issues devoid of clinical evidence. If he have been given his new got here across "there's no God" thought from Anthropology type, there will be issues interior the worldwide outdoors that could ensue to him to make him turn back to his faith. He does not even undergo in recommendations that anthropology subject whilst it does. All we want is faith in God, and prayer for him. He does not even might desire to appreciate you're praying for him. God will circulate whilst and the place you and that i won't. there are various things that isn't be able to be shown in this worldwide, inspite of the undeniable fact that it does not substitute the reality that those comparable issues are genuine. optimistically he will understand that. or possibly he does not even want that to teach back to God. those issues are distinctive for all persons in spite of everything, suitable? do no longer lose wish. possibly i did no longer extremely answer your question. yet i wish it presented somewhat convenience. i know how bothering it extremely is to have your better half initiate dropping faith. i'm going to be praying for the two considered one of you. :) God bless.

• Those who are trying to live a life of faith will always find temptation from the evil one to despair and doubt. Faith, like a plant, must be cultured, nurtured and cared for. Weeds (doubt, despair) that will try and strangle it need to pulled up by the roots. Prayer, scripture, and spiritual reading are the tools for maintaining your faith and helping it to grow.

Pray the Psalms.

Psalm 130 is good :

Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.

Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.

So is Psalm 42

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

3My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

4When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

5Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

Look into reading the book "The Way of the Pilgrim" as well. It is very good book on prayer.

=0)

• Daniel

Let go of what you are "supposed" to think. Just pray for guidance and open your heart. The holy spirit will guide you to truth if you are willing to let it.

• cosmo

No supernatural anything causes things to happen in your life.

This includes supernatural bible-writing Sky Daddies.

So if you want things to get better, take responsibility for yourself in a godless reality.

Watch "Case For Christ" by Lee Strobel.

Blockbusters carries it.

Also watch this four part series.

http://www.lifechurch.tv/message-archive/watch/can...