Why do you insist on calling it a government takeover of health care?

Obviously, all who are opposed to the proposed overhaul for heath care system are not enduring any health problems at present, or if they are, they just don't seek professional care. Or, they are paying elevated premiums for group insurance through an employer. Only if your of the upper echelon white collar employee will you pay little or no premium for insurance. What will become of your health care when you lose your job, or your health such as through a catastrophic illness? The only alternative to group insurance I am aware of is self-pay for a new policy which may be subject to prejudice because of a pre-existing condition, or continue with your current policy through the offer of COBRA insurance at over $600.00 a month at a single rate five years ago. I can only imagine what the rates are now.

Oldbull argues his point with an alleged remark by Cuban Dictator Fidel Castro. "If you control the people's health, then you control the people" Isn't that what the Managed Care System, controlled by Mega Insurance Corporations, is doing to us now? Many have to go to specific doctors or heath care centers, and hospitals of which are pre-approved by insurance companies. And, payment for procedures are approved for only so much monies. The remainder of the bill is the patient's responsibility.

The underpriviledged who aren't able to afford health care use ERs as their health care provider. Who do you think covers the cost of recouperation from the financial loss endured by hospitals? The hospital... insurance companies? It is in fact the consumer who covers that expense.

Before you continue to accept the myth and rantings of the opposition, do yourself, and your fellow citizen a tremendous service and research the countries that already have universal health care systems place, and learn what, IN FACT, is being done for citizens of other countries. You might want to start with France's health care system, even though the previous gov. adminsitration told you to hate the French.

EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!

Favorite Answer

you're preaching to the choir my friend I agree with you. This in so many ways my friend reminds me of the words of a wise man who's council and guidance over the years I have sought and shall seek until my last moment on this planet

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

We are truly our brothers and sisters keepers....Be good and continue forward with the effort

Many of us have health insurance (not health care) through our employee. We know if a more cost effective (cheaper) alternative is available that will be the only choice offered. Government run plans may be cheaper since they may have a subsidy from my taxes. Another issue is the 47 million uninsured. Some of them are undocumented aliens, some have access but don't want to pay etc. Now improvements are required but throwing out the good while improving things is foolish. We can't afford these types of plans and those who want them should donate money to get what they want.

Because that's what it is, even if it doesn't happen on day one. If you think this is the first and only step you're a fool. But don't believe me, just watch the Obama of a few years ago saying it might take a while to get to single payer.

Source(s): Blameless Libertarian.

Maximum hysteria - like the guy who demanded the government stay out of his Medicare and refused to believe the congressman who told him Medicare WAS a government program.

Didn't bother to read your detail.

mine is guaranteed through retirement.i have been at the same company for 27 years and we aren't a union shop.have a nice day!

Okay, so would you rather we call it by its true name!!!! OBAMACARE! I mean he is rapidly working on killing this country. I just don't think its okay for people to have to have the goverment decide my health care. I mean they took over our children and ruined them. Or did you forget that.

I would rather not pay for other people's health care. Sorry.

Read the bill before spewing your opinion.

Because thats what it is, it's a damn shame we have people to dumb to realize that.