Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 decade ago

What are the lowest calorie and fat options at a chinese?

starter and main course please (:

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

for a starter any broth based soup is good. If your looking for flavor try hot and sour soup, but if you don't like that wonton, or egg drop soup, will be fine. Egg drop soup is probably the best as its low in calories and has protein which will aid in getting you and keeping you full. Just don't add those crunchy chips to your soup because those are fried and high in calories. A good entree would be 1/2 cup brown rice. Some restaurants have this some don't. If they don't just stick with your protein and veggies. Steamed veggies are a great option just make sure they are not covered in duck sauce or anything. Soy sauce is low in calories. And I am assuming its a given that you stay away from anything fried or "crispy" or "crunchy" as these all mean fried.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Go for a broth based soup like sweet and sour soup. High in salt but diet friendly. Steamed vegetables in garlic is a good option. Steamed rice is higher in calories but filling with no fat. You need some calories >)

Avoid anything fried, battered foods, sticky sauces. Look for vegetable based ideas.

• 1 decade ago

For a main course I would opt for chicken and broccoli, but you can ask for it steamed. The best option would be shrimp and broccoli, and ask for any sauce on the side so that you can decide how much you want to put on. As for an appetizer...not really sure but I would stay away from anything heavy or fried. Maybe steamed vegetable dumplings? Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Start with Clear soups - vegetarian if poss

Vegetarian spring rolls are non greasy in some chinese restaurants

Other options are

Eggplant in garlic

Mixed vegetables - stir fried

Broccoli / Bok choy

Sweet and Sour Veg

Keep it vegetarian as far as possible in Chinese restaurants to minimize calorie and fat intake

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Stay away from anything fried or with sauce. Keep it simple with steamed and baked food items. Soup is a good choice.

• 4 years ago

gentle breast of chicken on your substantial meal , and that i might say the three scoops of ice cream it incredibly is a wager with the dessert. I now what its like attempting to be sturdy while your out. desire this permits you take excitement in xxx

• try having clear soups like dumpling soups, or wonton soups.

wonton noodles aren't that fattening too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.