Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Your MLB posteason predictions?

Mine:

AL East:Yankees

AL West: Angels

AL Central:Tigers

Wild Card:Rangers

Yankees vs Rangers

Angels vs Tigers

Yankees vs Tigers

NL East:Phillies

NL West:Dodgers

NL Central:Cardinals

Wild Card: Giants

Phillies vs Giants

Dodgers vs Cardinals

Giants vs Cardinals

WORLD SERIES:

Yankees vs Cardinals

World Series Winners: YANKEES.

Favorite Answer

AL East: New York Yankees

AL Central: Detroit Tigers

AL West: Anaheim Angels

AL Wild Card: Boston Red Sox

ALDS:

Yankees vs. Detroit. Yankees win series 3-1

Red Sox vs. Angels. Angels win series 3-2

ALCS:

Yankees vs. Angels. Yankees win series 4-2

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies

NL Central: St. Louis Cardinals

NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers

NL Wild Card: San Fransisco Giants

NLDS:

Philadelphia Phillies vs. St. Louis Cardinals. Phillies win series 3-2

Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Fransisco Giants Dodgers win series 3-2

NLCS:

Philadelphia Phillies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers. Phillies win Series 4-2

World Series:

New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies. Yankees win series 4-3.

AL East:Yankees

AL West: Angels

AL Central:Tigers

Wild Card:Red Sox

Yankees vs Red Sox

Angels vs Tigers

Yankees vs Angels

NL East:Phillies

NL West:Dodgers

NL Central:Cardinals

Wild Card: Giants

Phillies vs Giants

Dodgers vs Cardinals

Giants vs Cardinals

WORLD SERIES:

Angels vs Cardinals

World Series Winners: ANGELS.

Yankees

Angels

Tigers

Ranger

Dodgers

Phillies

Cardinal

Rockies

Yankees vs Rangers - Yankees

Angels vs Tigers - Angels

Yankees vs Angels -- Yankees

Dodgers vs Cards - Dodgers

Rox vs Phills - Plills

Philly vs Dodgers - Dodgers

Dodgers vs Yankees - Dodgers

Most of that looks like what I would think. Im a big Yankee fan so Im hoping they win it all. The only thing is, I find it hard to believe that the Giants can get past the Phillies haha but anything is possible. Especially if you have Lincecum!!

AL East Champ: Yankees

AL Central Champ: Tigers

AL West Champ: Angels

AL Wild Card: Rangers

Rangers over Yankees

Tigers over Angels

Rangers over Tigers

NL East Champ: Phillies

NL Central Champ: Cardinals

NL West Champ: Dodgers

NL Wild Card: Rockies

Rockies over Phillies

Dodgers over Cardinals

Dodgers over Rockies

WORLD SERIES:

Dodgers over Rangers

I like it, but I think the Rockies will beat out the Giants for the wild card. The Giants don't have the consistent bats the Rockies do and are built more for home than away. The Rockies are playing extremely well and could possibly take over the Dodgers the way they're playing.

I'll use your same brackets but make some changes.

the sox will win the wild card but still lose first round to the yanks.

Angels beat the tigers

Halos beat the Yanks

Rockies win the wild card but lose first round to the Dodgers.

Phils lose the Cards.

Cards beat Dodgers

Cards vs Angels

Angels win

Man. It is August 22nd and the Division races are still going on. It is too early to jinx your teams by making post season predictions.

AL East: Yankees - They never lost after leading by at least 6 games. They are the hottest team up to last night, hahaha. If they contiune to hit, they will win by at least 7.

AL West: Angels - They don't homer like the Yankees, they don't pitch like the Giants, but they hit for contact. All, I think, of their players are batting over .300. Abreu and Morales are leading the team, as Vladdy comes back. Their starting pitching might be in question and their closer has a couple of blown saves, but they are going clearly better than Texas.

AL Central: Tigers - Washburn doesn't seem to be doing much, but Verlander and Jackson are good. Rodney is really good in the bullpen. Their bats are their strong points. Miggy is having a decent, but underrated year. Inge homers and Granderson has been hitting, running and stealing. I don't see that the White Sox have the starting pitching to last till the end of the year. Buerhle has not been the same since his perfect game.

Wild Card: Red Sox - Unless they lose tomorrow, I think the wild card is their's. Ortiz seems to have woken. Youk, Pedoria, Jacobye and Martinez have been hot. Their bullpen have a bit more dept with the addition of Wagner. However, I don't think their starting pitching is all that dept as it was at the start. The 1-2 punch of Beckett and Lester is good. Everyone else is questionable. Wake, Buck are inconsistant but Buck is getting better. Even if Dice-K comes back, he hasn't pitch in like 3 months or something.

Yankees vs Tigers - Yankees in 4. They beat the Tigers in the season series by a combined 5-1. Their pitching is going to slow down the Tigers and they will get to their bullpen and 3rd starter.

Angels vs Red Sox - Are you serious? They are play yet again. Red Sox in 5. Fuentes is shaky and so is their bullpen. Red Sox work the pitch count and will get to their bullpen.

Yankees vs Red Sox - As a Yankee's fan, I might be slightly bias, but Yankees in 6. As I said, outside of Beckett and Lester, everyone else in the Red Sox starting pitching is questionable. Yankees have big game pitchers in Sabathia, Burnett and remember Pettitte, he was an awesome game 2 pitcher. Bullpens are almost equal, but they will win a game at fenway and win all the 3 games in New York.

NL East: Phillies - Unless they choke up like the Mets last year, I don't see them not winning the NL East. Their offense is so good, it is not even funny. Their bullpen is questionable. Lidge has an ERA over 7 and opponents are batting near .300 against him.

NL West: Dodgers - Also, like the Phillies, unless they choke up, I don't see anyone else in the NL West catching up to them. They have great offense, defense and a good bullpen. Their only problem is their starting pitching. Billingsley is not the same as the start of the year, and I don't think I can name anyone else other than Kerchow (Spelling?) and Wolf.

NL Central: Cardinals - Holliday is going to have a great second half. Wainwright and Carpenter is a great 1-2 and Franklin closers the door. Pujols is being Pujols and doing all that stuff. Lugo seems to been more motivated then ever.

Wild Card: Giants - Pitching wins you championships, or at least in this case, the Wild Card. They have the BEST bullpen and starting rotation in the league. They league MLB in ERA for both bullpen and starting pitching. Lincecum and Main are an awesome 1-2 and there is also Zito and Sanchez. I heard Johnson is coming back soon. Their offense is their only problem, but Kung Fu Panda pretty much solves part of it.

Phillies vs Giants - Giants in 5. If Lincecum and Cain and pitch well and on short rest I see their offense scoring at least 1 run. Hamels sucks this year, seriously. Lee is good and Pedro is just coming back. Happ is good, but I don't see him stepping up to the occasion. Pitching wins you games.

Dodgers vs Cardinals - Interesting game. Pujols vs Manny. But Wainwright and Carpenter is just too good in a short series. Offense are equally matched.

Giants vs Cardinals - Cardinals in 6. I don't see the Giants scoring against their pitching and Pujols + Holliday = PWN.

WORLD SERIES:

Yankees vs Cardinals - Yankees in 6. Sorry for bias, but their pitching dept totally outmatches the Cardinals in alot of ways. Their bullpen is better too. Other than Franklin, they might have a problem. Also, they are going to go HR crazy in one game, other than that, I find it a pitching duel. If Carpenter could face Sabathia that would be major cool. Burnett and Wainwright will not be too bad, however, Pettitte and Joba will be decent at least and the bullpen should hold it. A-Rod shall go 1-10 in the series haha, but will have a go-ahead homer in game 6. Rivera will close the door for 27th in Yankees history and Teixiera will be the MVP and will edge Mauer for MVP.

I don't care if you think I'm bias. >.<

World Series Winners: YANKEES.

my division leaders is the exact same except for the AL Central

(White Sox)

nd WC is BoSocx

for my postseason my matchups are

Yankees vs.BoSox

Angels vs W.Sox

BoSox vs Angels

Phillies vs Giants

Dodgers vs Cardinals

Giants vs Cardinals

Angels vs Cardinals

CARDINALS ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!

honestly if the giants go to the post-season they'll beat whatever team it'll be in the first round

and yes boston will get the ultmate revenge nd beat NYY in the ALDS