W-8BEN tax process for Non resident aliens?

Hello everybody, I am citizen of India living in india .But, I opened a Trading account with US brokerage for trading stocks and derivatives in US markets. I also signed a W-8BEN form with the brokerage. I am not clear how this tax process works.I am clear that tax will be 30% for the Interest earning... show more Hello everybody,

I am citizen of India living in india .But, I opened a Trading account with US brokerage for trading stocks and derivatives in US markets.

I also signed a W-8BEN form with the brokerage.

I am not clear how this tax process works.I am clear that tax will be 30% for the Interest earning income.But, I did not have clear picture of how tax process for the profits i make from trading stocks or derivatives in US markets.

1.Let's say, I made a profit of 1000$ in trading stock.Does all that money (1000$) will be deposited in my trading account and available for withdrawl?

or

2.They tax some % of money in that 1000$ and deposit the rest of money in my trading account which can i withdraw at anytime?

or

3.How it works?

Can anyone please explain to me in simple and easy way without confusing ?

Thank you.
1 answer 1