What are some of FDR (Franklin D. Roosevelt)'s greatest accomplishments?

• Sam N
    Favorite Answer

His single greatest accomplishment was nothing that can be measured by an analysis of his policies. What FDR did was restore American confidence and create sense of optimism in the midst of the Depression. He always sounded hopeful that things would get better and did his best to try and explain what he was doing to try and fix the problem through his fire-side chats over the radio. In doing this, many in America had great confidence in FDR and were highly supportive of him, which is partially why he remains one of the most popular presidents in American history.

In terms of policy success, his greatest real accomplishment was providing regulations for what business could do. The Great Depression was the result of several factors, including bad credit and greed on the part of banks. When the stock-market crashed in 1929, the financial policies that came out of the seeming blooming of the 20s were proved to be faulty, and FDR made sure that their mistakes could not be repeated. As a result, the US economy until 2008 after 8 years of Reagan, 4 years of HW Bush, and 8 years of W Bush (all of whom worked to undo FDR's policies) never suffered an economic crisis on the same scale as the Great Depression.

Other things like Tennessee Valley Authority, which brought electric power to the Appalachian Mountains and the Civilian Conservation Corps, which put people to work without drafting them into the military are also among his top accomplishments as President.

And in terms of foreign policy, his greatest accomplishment was being able to eventually rally America to the allied cause against both Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan. The Lend-Lease Act was FDR's main idea to supply Britain and other allied nations with the equipment needed to keep fighting. He was not, however, able to get America to actually take a firm stand against Japanese or Nazi aggression until after Dec 7, 1941 when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and Hitler declared war on America a few days later.

• FDR was great man . I don't no why you would put Ronald Reagan in the same seat . Reagan started the 1st sky rocket deficit that has never ended . Started wars and feed contraband . Yes he was and is a popular President . I voted for twice myself . I figured out what he had done after the fallout .

• ewert

Fdr Accomplishments

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): fdr franklin roosevelt 39 greatest accomplishments: https://shortly.im/yk1j9

Creating the WPA, and the Civilian Conservation Corps "the ccc" which put a large number of young men (16 to 24 Years Old) to work and giving an education jump start as, Clerks, Machinist, Mechanics, Engineering starts,

teachers, actors, and many other trades and professions. The CCC Camp that I was in for 29 months before the start of WWII made me a professional electronic technician immediately upon joining the US Navy in September 1941. I served 6 years in the Navy during WWII as an Electronic Technician, aboard a Navy Destroyer and later as an Instructor at the Naval Research Laboratory. This experience and 4 years of College at the University of California at the Berkeley Campus prepared me for 40 years work in the Aerospace Industry. I participated in many Aerospace Programs, the World Wide Military Satellite Communication System, The Ballistic Missile Program, and the Apollo Program. None of this would have been possible without the start I had in the CCC.

John DeVillier

The conservative assh--e pieces of sh-- on the radio, like that piece of sh-- glenn beck, say FDR was a socialist who set the country back with costly, socialist ideas. Not that it makes any sense. We saw a postwar economic and technological boom in this country. FDR implemented a lot of welfare programs. But, I dont fault him for it. People were jobless and homeless and hungry and hopeless, and FDR found programs to help them. The infamous WPA program. "works progress administration." sometimes it was building a community center. fixing a road. planting trees, or doing forrest ranger work in the parks. people needed help. The private sector didnt have the jobs. Glenn Beck is not the only guy on the radio. but he keeps telling people "third most listed-to radio show." I guess theres a lot of assh---s like him. but f-ing a, FDR was 70 years ago. to attack him for creating liberal programs during a Depression: I dont understand it. I

o

nice to meet you my is name linda wants is your name