Sam H asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 decade ago

Ordering books from the United States to be shipped into Canada (Amazon.com)?

I'm looking at a few books which are offered by amazon.com and are not in stock for amazon.ca, meaning they are available in their U.S. based inverntory but not in Canada. Has anyone ever ordered from Amazon.com from within Canada? Will there be duties/additional taxes(other than the GST) when ordering books published in the States?

Thanks Randy, Anyone know what that limit is to not be charged duties?

• Randy
    Favorite Answer

I've ordered a few text books over my school career as well as a few specialty reference books through Amazon.com and I've only paid extra duty once but that was when I had an order of 4 books and the value was over what ever limit they set. When I have ordered one or two at a time I haven't had a problem.

The enterprise of yank States is composed of 23 sovereign countries of of the North American and South American continents. this could not be at a loss for words with the u . s ., that's basically between the 23. that could desire to respond to the unique question. LILY even even with the indisputable fact that doesn't be conscious of her historic previous. The conflict of 1812 exchange right into a stalemate. Neither the British or the u . s . have been effective. After 2 years of conflict, the important reasons of the conflict had disappeared. Neither component had a reason to proceed or a raffle of gaining a decisive success that could desire to compel their combatants to cede territory or effectual peace phrases. as a consequence of this stalemate, the two countries signed the Treaty of Ghent on December 24, 1814. xx

Make sure that any items you order ship through the USPS instead of UPS.

Items coming from the US via UPS are always subject to brokerage fees plus a ton of other charges.