What year of Cadillac Seville STS engines are interchangeable. I need a engine for my 2001.?

I am trying to find an engine/tranny combo to put in my STS that will work. What years are interchangeable for the 2001? Thanks

Favorite Answer

According to the database most salvage yards use, there are a variety of Deville, Seville and Eldorado engines that will fit a 2001 Seville STS between the 2000 and 2002 model years. There is a difference between the "Y" and "9" coded engines, however, and it's likely the transmissions would have to match as well to that code. Link below...good luck.

• nola

i'd get the tappets appeared at for the knocking sound, which may well be costly, in keeping with what share valves your automobile has and for the white smoke, i would not concern as long because it somewhat is in basic terms for greater or less 30 seconds and it somewhat is white.