Asanka asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

is there any films from sidney sheldon's books?

is there films by sidney sheldon's books. if so please tell me what are the films. thank you.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Naked Face was Sheldon's first published novel (1969), and the Roger Moore film mentioned was made in 1984. The film also starred Rod Steiger, Elliott Gould, Art Carney, and the wondrous Anne Archer.

The Other Side of Midnight, one of Sheldon's most popular books, was the second one he had published (in 1974), and this one was made into a movie in 1977. Susan Sarandon, Raf Vallone, and Clu Gulager (who played the Greek tycoon) were among the stars.

Major stars, including Audrey Hepburn, Ben Gazzara, and James Mason appeared in the 1979 screen version of Bloodline, Sheldon's fourth novel, and probably his other most famous book, and a #1 bestseller in 1977.

Rage of Angels (1980), on the bestseller lists for 42 weeks, became a TV-movie in 1983, starring Jaclyn Smith, Ken Howard, Armand Assante, as well as Dr. No himself, Joseph Wiseman. Its sequel, Rage of Angels: The Story Continues (1986), had the two leading stars play their roles once again.

Sheldon's 1982 book, Master of the Game, became a film in 1984, starring Dyan Cannon and Leslie Caron.

Another Sheldon #1 bestseller, If Tomorrow Comes (1986) became a TV mini-series in the same year. Tom Berenger, Liam Neeson, and the crowd-pleasing Jeffrey Jones appeared.

Windmills of the Gods (1988) was a TV-movie starring Jaclyn Smith and Robert Wagner, and it was based on Sheldon's eighth novel, which had come out the previous year. The author was so popular that this book was the heaviest in its publisher's history. The novel debuted at #1 two days before its official release date.

Sheldon's tenth novel, Memories of Midnight, a sequel to his huge "Other Side of Midnight" hit, appeared in 1990, becoming a TV-movie in the following year; the film starred Jane Seymour and Omar Sharif.

The Sands of Time (1992) was a TV-movie starring Amanda Plummer and Roddy McDowall. Advance orders for this book exceeded one million copies in 1988, the year Sheldon received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Another TV-movie based on one of Sheldon's novels was A Stranger in the Mirror (1993), starring Perry King, Juliet Mills and Christopher Plummer.

Among the later novels that Sheldon wrote, such as The Doomsday Conspiracy (1991), The Stars Shine Down (1992), Nothing Lasts Forever (his thirteenth, in 1994), Morning, Noon & Night (1995), Tell Me Your Dreams (1998), The Sky is Falling (2000) and Are You Afraid of the Dark? (2004), only one became a (1995 TV) movie, Nothing Lasts Forever, starring Brooke Shields -- perhaps demonstrating that nothing, even blockbuster success, indeed lasts forever..

Sheldon was a prolific screenwriter in Hollywood before beginning his career as a novelist, and won an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for "The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer" (1948) starring Cary Grant and Myrna Loy. He created the television shows "The Patty Duke Show" and "I Dream of Jeannie," also producing or co-producing, and writing the major portion of the scripts for both programs, in 1963 and 1964.

The author died in 2007, one year after his memoir, The Other Side of Me, was published. He was 90-years-old, a pretty good run.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Sidney Sheldon Books

• klohs
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Sydney Sheldon

• Arleen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Sheldon was a TV writer by profession as well as producer and director. His work includes: I Dream of Jeannie Hart to Hart: Till Death Do Us Hart (1996) (TV) (creator) Nothing Lasts Forever (1995) (TV) (book) A Stranger in the Mirror (1993) (TV) (novel) The Sands of Time (1992) (TV) (novel) Memories of Midnight (1991) (TV) (writer) ... aka Sidney Sheldon's Memories of Midnight (USA: complete title) Windmills of the Gods (1988) (TV) (novel) ... aka Sidney Sheldon's Windmills of the Gods Rage of Angels: The Story Continues (1986) (TV) (characters) "The Twilight Zone" (1 episode, 1986) "If Tomorrow Comes" (1986) TV mini-series (novel) The Naked Face (1984) (novel) "Master of the Game" (1984) TV mini-series (novel) Rage of Angels (1983) (TV) (novel) ... aka Sidney Sheldon's Rage of Angels Bloodline (1979) (novel) ... aka Blutspur (West Germany) ... aka Sidney Sheldon's Bloodline The Other Side of Midnight (1977) (novel) Easter Parade (1948) (screenplay) ... aka Irving Berlin's Easter Parade (USA: complete title) The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947) (screenplay) (story) The Sands of Time (1992) (TV) (executive producer) . Memories of Midnight (1991) (TV) (executive producer) ... aka Sidney Sheldon's Memories of Midnight (USA: complete title) Rage of Angels: The Story Continues (1986) (TV) (executive producer) Rage of Angels (1983) (TV) (executive producer)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

is there any films from sidney sheldon's books?

is there films by sidney sheldon's books. if so please tell me what are the films. thank you.

Source(s): films sidney sheldon 39 books: https://tinyurl.im/pIKsn
  • 3 years ago

AS I watch Tv set I feel like I should be doing something more productive always

• 3 years ago

Reading a good publication offers a richer experience and can leave you with recollections that can last years. Television is merely educational if you are watching a documentary or something similar

• bowen
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Try "The Naked Face" which starred Roger Moore

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.