elie asked in TravelAsia PacificTaiwan · 1 decade ago

Best time to Fly to Taipei, Taiwan?

I'm planning a trip to Taiwan, and I heard flying at the beginning of summer is cheap and during winter. Is it true?

I'll be flying out of Wichita, Kansas if that helps.

I do realize that the price of tickets fluctuate so an average would be nice.

Please answer! :)

Favorite Answer

Taiwan is one of the relatively cheap Asian destinations to fly to.

However, Taiwan observes many holiday seasons as well as commercialised travel peaks.

Avoid late January to mid February, that's the Chinese new year. Don't fly around Xmas, you'd be surprised how many people in Taiwan travel on that time. Late August and early September are the worst time to fly because schools are starting. Airlines also gauge up the fares in late June in anticipation of the summer holiday.

I would suggest for you to use Hong Kong airport as a hub during peak seasons, since that's what most Taiwanese people use too.

An average return ticket on an American-based carrier to Taiwan is usually 1500 plus tax in coach. On peak times it goes all the way up to around 2100 plus tax and that's even on a wait list!

Have fun in Taiwan.

Source(s): inspired by the little red book...

Time In Taipei Right Now

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Best time to Fly to Taipei, Taiwan?

Please answer! :)

Source(s): time fly taipei taiwan: https://tr.im/T6Q3K

Going to Taipei is great during May to July and October to mid-December. Now is not the good time as the typhoon just hit Taiwan by storm. Temp in May to July is around 70s-90s and October to mid December is around 40s-60s. Not as warm as Kansas during summer and not as cold as Kansas during the winter period.

I am not sure about the air ticket form Wichita, Kansas, but if u fly out of LA or San Francisco, California, its probable about in the US$1,100-1,300s during the high season and may cost less like approx US$900s-1000+, may even cheaper if you can find one. Kansas has no direct flight whatsoever, so you have to transfer a flight probably in Los Angeles or San Francisco. There might have connecting flights via Tokyo or Honolulu, but chances are pretty slim, especially during this period of crisis. So you are stranded with not much choice, anyway.

Aire fares are generally higher in peak seasons--summer holidays and the like.

The best months, weather-wise, are October and April.

Jet lag can rob you of a day or two of your trip once you arrive. Whatever time of day you arrive, stay up until your usual bed-time (Taiwan time)

Easier said than done--I once arrived in Taipei at 0530, after a 12-hour flight from Seattle, and I somehow managed to stay up until 2100. Any healthy adult can do without a night's sleep--provided it's just once and not too often.

Taiwan is hot almost year round, because it really only has 2 seasons summer and fall. In the summer it is usually in the mid 80's (28-30c) to the mid 90s(34-36c), and it is equally humid, in the winter it is mid 60s- upper 70s (18-26) and even though it is still humid it is much more comfortable. I would suggest coming from Nov-March when it is cooler and the ticket prices are cheaper

Source(s): I have been living in Taiwan for the last 4 years

I dont know about summer, but winter tickets are pretty cheap cuz people (like students) dont have a couple months to spend on vacation. Plus, the weather is much nicer during the winter. Its usually hot and humid during the summer and a little less hot during the fall.

Since you are flying out of wichita, you probably wont find a direct flight. You will probably need to make a plane change somewhere (probably California)

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avXTt

First of all, I think your question will be what season or what period will be the cheapest time to buy the ticket to Taiwan~ Right?! Well, from March to June, and from October to November will be the best choice of ur question. Sencondly, if you go from Ohio, I recommend u to transfer from LA, coz the ticket from LA to Taiwan is cheaper than other big cities (like NY) to Taiwan. The last part... Well, I recommend u to ask the short period ticket from ur travel agents. Like me went to Japan, I chosed the 14 days ticket, it will be much cheaper than the 6 months ticket or even longer period ticket. To sum up, I really recommend u go and ask your travel agents. Coz they know more than I did. Good luck and have fun in Taiwan.

• Ticket prices from US to Taipei are cheaper starting in late September. through about May.

EVA goes direct from the West coast so you will connect there from Wichita. Rough price guess <$1,000.00 RT.

Source(s): Fly to Asia from West coast once or twice a year.

Right now is absolutely beautiful, sans the typhoon in the south. Avoid april like the plague: rainy season is a terrible time to be here. Check out

http://www.taiwanenglish.com/guide/

There is a ton of good information about traveling here.

Source(s): Teacher, Writer, Philosopher in Taiwan http://www.taiwanenglish.com/guide/