Will Chauncey Billups be in the Pro Basketball hall of fame?

For the first few years of his NBA career, he was moved around a lot, from city to city, then he finally settled in Detroit with the Pistons, where he went to seven straight conference finals, winning the NBA finals MVP while helping to defeat the Los Angeles Lakers. He has been a four-time All Star and was the third overall pick in the 1997 NBA Draft. He has had some shaky seasons though. He was with Denver early in his career, but they traded him because he didn't do very much. About the first three or four seasons of his career didn't produce very good numbers. Will he make or miss?

Best Answer

To this day Chauncey Billups is my favorite PG and i feel that he still is underrated. Billups is a great PG and he is not selfish. Chauncey will always get everyone involved and knows how to play the game of basketball. He is a great 3Pt shooter and a great foul shooter. Billups is a good passer and and is also a good defender. He has all the skills a PG should have in the NBA. I personally would like to see Chauncey Billups be in the Hall of Fame, I think He can. Many people do not realize what Chauncey has accomplished during his NBA career so far. Billups is underrated and deserves more respect and credit on what he has accomplished.

2004 NBA Champion

2004 NBA Finals MVP

2004–05 NBA All-Defense Second Team

2005–06 NBA All-Defense Second Team

2005–06 All-NBA Second Team

2008–09 All-NBA Third Team

4x NBA All-Star

2006–07 All-NBA Third Team

2007–08 Citizenship Award

2008-09 NBA Sportsmanship Award

Source(s): www.nba.com

He's borderline. I think he might have trouble getting in the HOF. Dennis Johnson was better and more accomplished than Chauncey, but DJ hasn't made the HOF yet. DJ was a 10x all-defensive pick (six 1st team, four 2nd team). Billups is a 2x second-team pick all defense (last time in 2006) but doesn't figure to add to that total. Billups was 2nd team all NBA once, Dennis was All NBA 1st team once, and 2nd team once.

I wouldn't put Billups in based on his career to this point, but he still has time to add to his accomplishments. He turns 33 next month. Dennis was about 35 when he retired.

why not?, he is one of the greatest closers to ever play the game of basketball.Not just in NBA but in college and etc. yes Billups is going to the hall of fame.

He won championships(conference and NBA)and he lead the Pistons for some time.If you look at his career stats Billups deserves to be there.Others that are already in have about the same style as Billups.I think yes he will be in the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.

by Jamar

If he is to have a chance, I think he has to win at least one more championship. He has certainly been better as he ages, and right now he is the point guard I want to lead my team. He doesn't have the greatest stats (15.1 ppg, 5.6 apg) but he is the best floor general in the game today. If the Nuggets win it all this year, then there could be more serious talk on this, but right now, no, he won't.

if he can get 1 or 2 more rings I would say yes it all depends on how the next few years go

I think he'll be one of those inductees who'll always be on the list, but won't make it until having been on it numerous times.

• S.I.N

He will make it. One of the greatest floor generals ever.

only if he wins the nuggets a championship

• Bre

of course

I don't think so, but maybe he should he is not half bad.