Is it too late to have a good job/career?

I feel like I just stepped out from underneath a huge rock which I had my head under for my whole life apparently, because it just hit me that nearly everyone has a worker mentallity. "you have to work, or pursue work, get experience, work work work...till you drop, and everyone is expected to do that... show more I feel like I just stepped out from underneath a huge rock which I had my head under for my whole life apparently, because it just hit me that nearly everyone has a worker mentallity. "you have to work, or pursue work, get experience, work work work...till you drop, and everyone is expected to do that 24/7."

Me...I grew up TOTALLY differently than that. I was raised in a huge family, european. We took vacations, travelled, and were expected to go through school and do well, and eventually move out get a job, la di da....but nothing constant and strenuous.

So i did that to a degree, had a string of jobs throughout high school, and into college, and after college I just decided to move out, found someone really well off, settled down a bit, travelled, lived it up, but then got bored and realized, I have no life, and I have to get something, but lo and behold, now I find out, that my resume is going to be ****, because it's going to have a HuUUUuuUge gap, with nothing serious work wise for sevvvvvvvveral years.

So I'm going to look like a spoiled-brat-man, in his 20s with limited work experience. lol.

I personally grew up as a teenager thinking there was nothing wrong with that, I wasn't raised to be a yuppy to a degree, or a workaholic.

But now I find that's just the way it is, at least in America.

So what should I do, if you were in my shoes?

I mean the longer i sit around and do nothing, the worse and harder and more pathetic my life will be ..career and work wise, but even if I go out there now,..I doubt I'll find something even remotely passable...let alone decent...i mean college degree or not...it's not like I did anything.

Should I just pretty much sit here in my lap of luxury and enjoy it because my own hope for success is pretty much shot? lol.

I just feel like a loser right now :-D. I was brought up provided for and everything was easy, and well, never really had to do anything, never had the interest either, because it all seemed to hustle bustle, grind, and people sweat and bust their a&& for money, and to me.....I'd NEVER do that. I never had to and well since most jobs/careers are like that...I just figured, wtf, I don't want to do that when I don't have to.

But at the same time,...I don't want to end up being older, ...like in my 30s and be this like sit at home dude, doing nothing.

That's a horrible reputation to have.

On one side I'm blessed with living in peace, security, financial extravagance (i'm not that rich or a celeb or anything), but I can pretty much buy what I want, do what I want, when I want, drive whatever car I want..within reason...I can't just go out there and buy a ferrarri lol...wellllllllll....lets just say,.. my life consists of diet/exercize/shopping/flying/partying/b... online facebook/myspace/etc, meeting others, ....just a whole bunch of BS. Luckilly I do have loads of friends/connections for job prospects, but...

I just fel like such a loser b/c I'm in my mid 20s and I have absolutely nothing going for me career wise...and its not like im 50 so i dont have to jump off a building yet lol,but I'm not like i'm 14 either and my whole life's ahead of me.

I'm in a scary position more or less.

I never thought I could have such a carefree life and still be so...worried!

I don't know. Only lately am I learning that everyone was all about work/resumes since day 1, why I haven't formed like that, god knows.

I wish I did. But is it too late now?