Why under the present administration has "Your Life, Your Choices" been resuscitated?

For our Veterans?

Excerpts:

Who is the primary author of this workbook? Dr. Robert Pearlman, chief of ethics evaluation for the center, a man who in 1996 advocated for physician-assisted suicide in Vacco v. Quill before the U.S. Supreme Court and is known for his support of health-care rationing.

"Your Life, Your Choices" presents end-of-life choices in a way aimed at steering users toward predetermined conclusions, much like a political "push poll." For example, a worksheet on page 21 lists various scenarios and asks users to then decide whether their own life would be "not worth living."

The circumstances listed include ones common among the elderly and disabled: living in a nursing home, being in a wheelchair and not being able to "shake the blues." There is a section which provocatively asks, "Have you ever heard anyone say, 'If I'm a vegetable, pull the plug'?" There also are guilt-inducing scenarios such as "I can no longer contribute to my family's well being," "I am a severe financial burden on my family" and that the vet's situation "causes severe emotional burden for my family."

When the government can steer vulnerable individuals to conclude for themselves that life is not worth living, who needs a death panel?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240529702046...

Favorite Answer

Because the "Progressives" have always been into Eugenics (and now Bioethics) and have long preached that the earth's population has grown way too large. Also, as a practical matter, huge amounts of money are spent on medical care at the end of life and there are those who believe that such lives have already been lived and it is time for them to move on so the money could be better spent.

It is not a coincidence that the Obama Administration has the support of all the ultra-environmental groups who make no secret of the fact that they believe the earth would be better off without the evil plague of humans messing it up, AND is deeply in league with the Eugenics crowd like Ton Daschle, who would be running Health and Human Services (formerly HUD) if only he had paid his taxes.

Since the trend seems to be toward total government, central planning and Socialism/Fascism, [starting with Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson] I'm sure someone in government has noticed that there are a million highly trained Veterans in USA who already surround a Federal government which has to deal with the same 3,000 mile supply line as Walmart. It is no surprise that it would prefer the disgruntled ones to go away.

Ok...firstly there are no death panels. That's a fact.

Secondly, the point of proposals such as these is to give every person control over their end of life care and get a perspective from the person in question BEFORE these situations are encountered. The alternative is that the individual's next of kin must make these tough decisions. When this occurs a wife, husband or parent must make a decision based on what they have discussed with the person in question and unfortunately these discussion on end of life care do not happen (when was the last time you told your mom to pull the plug on you if you became a vegetable or alternatively to keep you alive on machines even if there is 0% that you will recover).

So the question really is would YOU rather have the control and ability to make the choices on your life end of life care or would you rather someone, who likely does not know what you really want, make those choices for you?

i asked a question on this earlier and so far i have one answer from a libby who referenced me to the obama website. what i find annoying, is the admin and the dems are doing this out in the open for everybody to see but the left just can't get it through their head it's there in black and white. i'll finish with a line i stole from your question because it sums up the current provision the left says doesn't exist...

"When the government can steer vulnerable individuals to conclude for themselves that life is not worth living, who needs a death panel?"

The responses to your statement/question are downright pathetic. They couldn't WAIT to blame Bush, again! They take NO responsibility for what this cretin and his minions are doing to our Country. They don't CARE!! They don't care how many of us lose our jobs as long as they get MORE in free handouts. They don't seem to understand that that money comes from SOMEWHERE - the taxpayers - which they obviously are not. They don't PAY taxes - they do accept handouts. Pathetic!!

No When they can steer vulnerable individuals to conclude for themselves that life is not worth living ,who needs a death panel? I found this to be a particularly interesting statement -As I see it their base made up of steerable,vulnerable individuals,manipulating them is a gimme for the obama administration.Too bad they didn't count on those of us Americans who do think for ourselves coming out in mass numbers against it .Do they have no shame?

If my life becomes nothing but a financial drain for my family and at the same time a profit for some nursing center...yes pull the god damn plug. That's the main point. I hope you are brave enough to understand that.

There is immense profit in keeping vegetables alive. For all practical matters the "human" has long since died.

A suicide note written by somebody who is not suicidal is called an autobiography.

The last one I wrote made it to page 58 before I ran out of ink.

I know many people disagree with me on this (my husband included), but as a breast cancer survivor I do believe in assisted suicide. Should my cancer reoccur, and there is no chance for survival, I want to die peacefully. I do not want to live my last days or months with a morphine drip, prolonging my families grief.

That said, I do NOT believe anyone should be able to make that choice for me.

• Tami

If I gave you the "right" to murder, and I told you all sorts of benefits of murder, I taught you through the media that you SHOULD murder, that murder is not murder, and that you were just in your decision...I would have clean hands as to population control if you and 799,000 others decided to abort your babies each year.

If I propogated inflation, and redistributed your wealth for you via various means (civil courts, child protection, medical expenses) then taught others that you were subhuman as you got older, since you were no longer a productive member of society, and you could not be a revenue source, and simply a liability to me (a state) then I made it legal for you to be assisted in comitting suicide, I would have clean hands in your murder.

If I specialized one gender over your gender, then I fear mongered you, presented through the media that all you were was a rapist, child abuser, and a perpetrator of domestic violence, after I redistributed your wealth via courts, entitlement, child protection, expert witnesses, and of course attornies...and you and 26,999 other men comitted suicide each year I would have clean hands in your murder.

What if I allowed you to drink heavy metals, medication, and other poisons and toxins in your water, knowing it would slowly kill you....it is not my fault you died, it is the water, and your municipality....I would have clean hands.

You see, the Clean Hands Doctrine is a great way to perpetrate population control in a nice, civilized manner...and while I do it....I present through the media other countries who are not as nice as me...like China, and others who make it illegal to have more children....

The right to choose, is merely a means of population control....

Liberals love abortion, love death and hate the US military. It stands to reason that "coercing" vets to "off" themselves would come from liberals and King Barrackus Obummer.

Source(s): http://noliberalspin.blogtownhall.com/ The Anti Liberal Zone