Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

My and my boyfriend been together for 5 years and we recently broke up?

My boyfriend has 2 jobs, plus he is in a basketball tournament( he loves basketball). His mother just recently moved in with him because she lost her job so now he is helping his mom with all her bill plus his own bill. When we was together we seen each other once a week. I wanted more time. But i know the relationship is worth it. But he feel bad putting me thru this because he says i deserve much better and he feel i can't handle his schedule. Because in the past we broke up a lot because i couldn't handle his schedule. So now he doesn't want to get back in the relationship because he knows i can't handle it so now he says he need time to think. What can i say to reassure him that i can handle this because i realize how good this relationship his. Or should i just wait for him to come to me.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Let him go and see if he comes back to you, but don't sit around waiting for him. Once a week is not enough time to build or maintain a good relationship. So let him choose all of those other things over you and see if you can find someone that likes you better than hoops!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Looks like he just doesn't want to be with you any more. The "you can't handled my schedule" thing is just an excuse. There's probably something he's not telling you. And you probably don't want to find out either for your own good. I just think that if you need to work so hard just to stay in a relationship, it's probably not worth it. You won't think this way until you've found a relationship that's just easy. Then you'll think to yourself why you were so dumb and want to stay in something that was so hard. I think it's time to move on. It'll be hard since you've been w/ him so long. But, you'll be ok after some time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try to cooperate with him and give some time . Don't just loose a good relationship of big five years.

He seems to be a nice guy . he should try to manage in such a manner that he can help his old mother and also keep enjoying life with you. You have to help him too for this patiently.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When a man starts to say it's "him" or I don't think "you" can handle my schedule etc. he really means "I'm done with this relationship." It's a cowards way of breaking up or telling you he wants to end it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You need to face reality. He is not coming back, he is finished with this relationship. It is over! And it is your fault, you put so much pressure on him for more, you drove him away.

Now you should reconcile yourself that it is over and then start to get on with your life.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Give him time to think and see if he comes back

• ErikaS
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

He is thinking that he cannot make you happy. Just tell him that you are happy being his girlfriend even his schedule is hectic. AND you really love him.

• 1 decade ago

ugh, again with the spelling....

my advice to you is, you both need time. Let things settle down first, then see what happens.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try waiting up to 2 weeks to see if he comes to you... if he doesn't then it's cause he has another chick on the side, or he may be gay. : )

• CoeyG
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He isn't going to "come to you" he broke up with you. It is over, move on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.