Could you suggest a program for me: an interactive calendar/planner that's like a wallpaper on your desktop?

Okay... so I have Sunbird, and it's pretty okay, but I would like something that's always on my desktop, even underneath the other icons (so like a wall paper) that I can click on to add events and stuff.

But I don't want it to minimize to just a calendar (which I've been able to find). I want something that will always show my events up on the desktop.

Preferred functionality:

Able to change colors of events

Be able to repeat events twice a week

Be able to have an event span at least 2 weeks

Favorite Answer

I don't know of any programs like that. Unless you want to keep a window open for an organiser program you already have (eg Windows Calendar, comes with Vista), here are three ways you can accomplish that:

1) Make a shortcut to your organiser program on your desktop

2) Learn a computer language (C, Java, BASIC etc) and create the application you mentioned; or

3) Google it.

Harry Potter.

Think about it...anything interactive on your desktop would be a window, not a wallpaper ( now refered to as background btw)